The Student Room Group

Discounts for students?

Hi guys. I am wondering if you know any websites with best discounts and offers?
Unidays is my go to!
Totum website has bits and pieces on it too :smile:

All the best,

Rowan
- University of Salford Rep
Reply 3
Unidays and student beans
Hi,

As said above unidays and student beans are the usual go to! Totum is great but you do have to subscribe (pay) to unlock the student discounts you might not get on other apps.

Lots of shops and restaurants offer student discount without having to use an app too, you just have to flash your student card when paying, if i'm going somewhere I always google to see if they offer a discount :smile:

Depending on where you study there might be student themed nights to get discounts. Near my uni we have a designer outlet shopping centre with popular sport/clothes brands and they host a night each year dedicated to students with really good deals and freebies (like over 50% off!) so it might be good to see if any places near your uni offer a similar thing.

I hope this helps,

Lauren -Official Student Rep:biggrin:
Hi there,

Many businesses offer student discounts but its also worth looking for bargains around town too! Charity shops can be a great place to find vintage clothes!
UCLan's Students' Union also have many craft and food aswell as thrift fairs across the year that offer things at a student price! 😊

all the best,

Joshua
Original post by Caroline06122022
Hi guys. I am wondering if you know any websites with best discounts and offers?

Vanilla Gorilla Studio in Cascades gives 10% discount on piercings !

Hi @Caroline06122022

I personally use Unidays and Student Beans, but I know people who use Totum too. Generally, I would just make sure to carry your uni student card with you, as many restaurants and shops offer student discounts if you have your card and there have been plenty of times where I forgot to bring my student card and missed out on a great discount.

I hope this helps! :smile:

Estelle
Third Year Psychology Student
University of Huddersfield
I wouldn’t seek out discounts but before you buy stuff that your going to get regardless of discount, google it as & when or ask in store. I find lots of retail places offer it as well as local cafes/bars near universities.

Discounts are generally 10% so a nice benefit but not likely to suddenly change affordability. You’ll save more money shopping in sensible places i.e. food at aldi or generally household auxiliaries from ikea.
(edited 7 months ago)

Student Beans is another website with offers that hasn't been mentioned yet.

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending