The Student Room Group

Will you be revising over Christmas?

Scroll to see replies

i dont really like christmas that much?? but either way i'll probably take my work with me even though i'm going away, i don't want to lose the little progress i've been making towards working more and i'd like to make revising a habit. plus igcses start relatively soon so i want to revise english. at least the world cup ends soon so i won't have anything to distract me except for social and familial obligations :')
Original post by Mr Wednesday
Is there a practical :smile:.

No, it's criminal justice, not chemistry, plus there's SRA and BSB standards to uphold :h:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Evil Homer
Oh, nice! Where are you off to? :biggrin:

Dubai :smile:
Reply 23
luckily my school decided to do exams before Christmas so no revision for me! only copious amounts of art coursework!!! :frown:
Original post by Idk131
Dubai :smile:

Enjoy your holiday! :biggrin: Feel free to tell us what it's like there, if you're ok with it! :smile: Would be a nice distraction from all this work :sigh:
Reply 25
Y13 mocks straight after the holiday, so revising it is! going to try not to overwork myself though and just work on being consistent
Reply 26
It's the most wonderful time of the year :yeah:

However, although Christmas is just round the corner that doesn't mean the work necessarily stops. With GCSE's and A-level exams getting ever closer, different students take different approaches to the winter break.

For some it's books down and mince pies up, but for others it's a great time to start getting their head into revision mode for the tough few months that lie ahead.

So I wanted to know what TSR's plans are this Christmas.

Are you team work? Team Chill? Or Somewhere In-Between?

( No this thread isn't just me trying to make myself feel better as I stop working ASAP :lol: )

I don’t celebrate Christmas but I have a mock after Christmas holidays so I will be studying for it unfortunately 🥲 best of luck for everyone else!
Not university work, but I'll probably do some report writing for my job when I'm bored with watching bad TV :lol:
One great thing about now being in full-time employment and having no exams to take (for now) is that I don't have to revise :biggrin: From Christmas Eve to 2 January (inclusive) I'll fortunately be having a nice time off!
I will be revising just so I don't loose as much knowledge
I will be going through my flashcards.
It's only like 2 weeks. It'll be over before we even decide what we want to do :tongue:.
Original post by toxicgamage56
It's only like 2 weeks. It'll be over before we even decide what we want to do :tongue:.

And that's why we are talking about it now! :lol: Got to be prepared !
It's the most wonderful time of the year :yeah:

However, although Christmas is just round the corner that doesn't mean the work necessarily stops. With GCSE's and A-level exams getting ever closer, different students take different approaches to the winter break.

For some it's books down and mince pies up, but for others it's a great time to start getting their head into revision mode for the tough few months that lie ahead.

So I wanted to know what TSR's plans are this Christmas.

Are you team work? Team Chill? Or Somewhere In-Between?

( No this thread isn't just me trying to make myself feel better as I stop working ASAP :lol: )

i'm gonna keep working at exactly the same level as i have been the rest of the year tbh, i don't want to change up my revision schedule too much, i'll only really shift it about when it gets to april/may
Original post by ROTL94 3
I've got a 4000 word essay to write by the 11th of January on the topic of desistence and recidivism so yeah.

Hey I wrote on a similar topic and I scored very well. If you need some tips you let me know
Original post by Kibe199678
Hey I wrote on a similar topic and I scored very well. If you need some tips you let me know

What are the three forms of desistence and what would you consider to be major barriers to meaningful rehabilitation?
Original post by ROTL94 3
What are the three forms of desistence and what would you consider to be major barriers to meaningful rehabilitation?

the three major forms are primary, secondary and tertiary desistance,

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/0269215516655856

DM I send you the paper I did
the three major forms are primary, secondary and tertiary desistance,

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/0269215516655856

DM I send you the paper I did

the link leads you to the barriers to a meaningful rehabilitation. If you need further help, DM
(edited 1 year ago)
the kink leads you to the barriers to a meaningful rehabilitation. If you need further help, DM

The kink :laugh:
No evision, I am happy that I have finished my job this year fairly soon! to be fair I am not a student anymore.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending