The Student Room Group

Will you be revising over Christmas?

Scroll to see replies

got my mocks right after christmas, so definitely revising
Original post by CaptainDuckie
I will be going through my flashcards.

Always a good idea. And the only thing I would do during the christmas days.
Reply 42
I want to do some super curricular work (MOOCS/ Virtual Work experience) to benefit my application next year. I also want to do a lot of maths revision which I haven't really done yet.
Original post by venusbby
got my mocks right after christmas, so definitely revising

Good luck with them. I wish you a happy christmas time, despite the revision. Don't lose heart!
Original post by Evil Homer
It's the most wonderful time of the year :yeah:

However, although Christmas is just round the corner that doesn't mean the work necessarily stops. With GCSE's and A-level exams getting ever closer, different students take different approaches to the winter break.

For some it's books down and mince pies up, but for others it's a great time to start getting their head into revision mode for the tough few months that lie ahead.

So I wanted to know what TSR's plans are this Christmas.

Are you team work? Team Chill? Or Somewhere In-Between?

( No this thread isn't just me trying to make myself feel better as I stop working ASAP :lol: )

im 100% revising- i have jan exams:frown:
not to mention, i live in qatar and with the current world cup, we're having no school for 6 weeks! - i've been rlly lazy with my revision and need to get back to revising asap
Original post by Idk131
Nope I'm going on holiday!

Where To?
Original post by kimpo078
im 100% revising- i have jan exams:frown:
not to mention, i live in qatar and with the current world cup, we're having no school for 6 weeks! - i've been rlly lazy with my revision and need to get back to revising asap

6 weeks wtf i didn't know that and to think you have exams right after Is mad
I can relate to all of you guys !!! I’d sayy I’m in team somewhere in between 😭 it would be nice to revise 100% but that’s very unrealistic (atleast for me). I hope everyone here takes break in terms of going around and looking at the beautiful lights and decorations and not dropping all books on one side for the whole week- I’m sure there can be time made for doing both. Also I have a lot of Christmas hw and coursework to finish,,,,
I love how @Evil Homer made a thread to spread Christmas cheer but instead got bashed on by exams and mocks :tongue:
Original post by sleep_supremacy
I love how @Evil Homer made a thread to spread Christmas cheer but instead got bashed on by exams and mocks :tongue:

:rofl: :cry:

However, although Christmas is just round the corner that doesn't mean the work necessarily stops. With GCSE's and A-level exams getting ever closer, different students take different approaches to the winter break.

For some it's books down and mince pies up, but for others it's a great time to start getting their head into revision mode for the tough few months that lie ahead.

( No this thread isn't just me trying to make myself feel better as I stop working ASAP :lol: )

Gonna be revising. Not much time before exams after this break for us.
Original post by sleep_supremacy

:lol:

I have Year 12 mocks after Christmas so I am doing an hour of Spanish vocabulary a day, and practicing my speaking for thirty minutes a day, I am currently re-reading all of my texts for English Literature with the audiobook (The Tempest, and The Handmaid's Tale), and I am doing history revision topic by topic with Quizlet. :h:
Original post by VioIeta
I have Year 12 mocks after Christmas so I am doing an hour of Spanish vocabulary a day, and practicing my speaking for thirty minutes a day, I am currently re-reading all of my texts for English Literature with the audiobook (The Tempest, and The Handmaid's Tale), and I am doing history revision topic by topic with Quizlet. :h:

I studied The Handmaid's Tale for A Level too and I absolutely loved it! How are you finding it?
vision not revision
just looking at all the stuff i missed this term
Original post by CatusStarbright
I studied The Handmaid's Tale for A Level too and I absolutely loved it! How are you finding it?

I love it so much - a few people in my English class have complained about it being long-winded, but I think Margaret Atwood writes the most vivid and amazing prose, and the historical and literary context surrounding the novel is fascinating! I am really excited to compare it to 1984 next year (my Sixth Form does OCR English Literature, and for Paper 2 we are doing the Dystopian topic.) :h:
Original post by VioIeta
I love it so much - a few people in my English class have complained about it being long-winded, but I think Margaret Atwood writes the most vivid and amazing prose, and the historical and literary context surrounding the novel is fascinating! I am really excited to compare it to 1984 next year (my Sixth Form does OCR English Literature, and for Paper 2 we are doing the Dystopian topic.) :h:

I actually thought that Atwood had crafted it so well that nothing in the novel was without purpose and I loved the devices she uses (e.g. wordplay, the fact that some of the parts are deliberately disjointed, etc.). I think we were AQA and we did it as part of the Social and Political Protest topic for A2 (I really enjoyed the whole thing).
Original post by CatusStarbright
I actually thought that Atwood had crafted it so well that nothing in the novel was without purpose and I loved the devices she uses (e.g. wordplay, the fact that some of the parts are deliberately disjointed, etc.). I think we were AQA and we did it as part of the Social and Political Protest topic for A2 (I really enjoyed the whole thing).

I completely agree! Atwood is a very purposeful writer. :h:
I'm not as I just had mooks but My geography teacher told me to so I will do revision just for Geography.
i got a january BTEC exam and I also want to boost my A Level media grade and revise component 2 content for media. (I'm currently on a B) and I want to get a Distinction in the Jan exam, so I'll make sure my prep notes are excellent ! I will also be watching an unhealthy amount of cringey Christmas movies and also eating an unhealthy amount of chocolate :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending