The Student Room Group

Has anyone studied HE with learndirect

Can someone give me a light or answer my question.
I’m thinking of doing. Higher education access course in computer science I really appreciate if anyone has done any courses with them or they have finished their HE course and tell me how it went.
Original post by Rob1987
Can someone give me a light or answer my question.
I’m thinking of doing. Higher education access course in computer science I really appreciate if anyone has done any courses with them or they have finished their HE course and tell me how it went.

@Rob1987
Hi Rob, I've taught on Access for 10 years in a college, just to clarify Access to HE is a further education course, not 'higher education'. With Access if you have used up your level 3 entitled such as with A levels or BTEC you can take out an advanced learner loan to pay for your course which is written off when you finish your degree.

In terms of doing Access I would recommend doing the course on site, usually 3 days a week at a local FE college, online programs, and there are some great ones out there, have a higher drop out rate usually as they usually lack things like tutorials and student support sessions. Have you tried your local F.E college? We have students ranging from 19 up to about 46 this year

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
Reply 2
Original post by Arden University
@Rob1987
Hi Rob, I've taught on Access for 10 years in a college, just to clarify Access to HE is a further education course, not 'higher education'. With Access if you have used up your level 3 entitled such as with A levels or BTEC you can take out an advanced learner loan to pay for your course which is written off when you finish your degree.

In terms of doing Access I would recommend doing the course on site, usually 3 days a week at a local FE college, online programs, and there are some great ones out there, have a higher drop out rate usually as they usually lack things like tutorials and student support sessions. Have you tried your local F.E college? We have students ranging from 19 up to about 46 this year

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador

Thank you.
I have to wait until next year September to enrol.
Do you think online HE course is not ideal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending