The Student Room Group

LearnDirect Issues

Has anyone had issues with LearnDirect?

I have signed up for an online course and opted for the instalments plan, they took the first payment earlier then I was told on the phone it will be taken and I never activated my account to access the course content as I didn't have time. I told the adviser I might not be able to have a look at the course materials till January.

However, I had to cancel the course due to some health issues and actually not having time to do the course, but as I cancelled outside the 14 days cooling-off period they are saying I am still liable for the full course cost, though I was only two days out.

Can anyone advise what they did to get out of it without legal action?

Thanks.
Hi there,
I've moved your thread to a more relevant forum :smile:
Thanks, mate:-)
Original post by CristinaD15
Has anyone had issues with LearnDirect?

I have signed up for an online course and opted for the instalments plan, they took the first payment earlier then I was told on the phone it will be taken and I never activated my account to access the course content as I didn't have time. I told the adviser I might not be able to have a look at the course materials till January.

However, I had to cancel the course due to some health issues and actually not having time to do the course, but as I cancelled outside the 14 days cooling-off period they are saying I am still liable for the full course cost, though I was only two days out.

Can anyone advise what they did to get out of it without legal action?

Thanks.

Original post by KA_P
Hi there,
I've moved your thread to a more relevant forum :smile:

I've moved your thread to the Distance Learning section.
Ok, thanks.
Hi, what ended up happening?
Reply 6
Original post by Callmebyyournam3
Hi, what ended up happening?

After endless emails to LearnDirect with no success, I asked for free legal advice from Queen Mary University and then wrote to Premium Credit and they said LearnDirect hasn't dealt with matters properly and agreed to cancel the course and refund me the first installment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending