The Student Room Group

How many hours of studying/revision per day for grades 8 or 9?

For clarification, I'm not really "behind" in any subjects, but I am trying to cover as much content as I can as I just want to seal up any topics I may have missed/found difficult.

As the title suggests, I am planning to achieve a grade 8 or 9 in most subjects, or at least a grade 7 (which is my average grade right now).
Reply 1
Original post by throwaway9284
For clarification, I'm not really "behind" in any subjects, but I am trying to cover as much content as I can as I just want to seal up any topics I may have missed/found difficult.

As the title suggests, I am planning to achieve a grade 8 or 9 in most subjects, or at least a grade 7 (which is my average grade right now).

Hi There,
It isn’t necessarily about the hours you spend, its about how you use your time. Many students often make the mistake of spending hours making pointless notes or re-revising content they are already comfortable with. I know this isnt the answer you probably wanted to hear so I will give you a rough time scale.
2-3 hours on school nights
4-6 on weekends.
If you keep this up consistently and give enough time prior to exams you can achieve those top grades. This of course can be ramped up closer to exam time.

Hope that helped!
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending