The Student Room Group

how many hours should i revise for gsces?

atm after school i come from school and try to revise but feel like i havent revised for enough hours
how many hours are recommended to revise for?
Reply 1
revision is different for everyone if im honest. a lot of people cant focus for long periods of time whereas others find it really useful.
for me, i revise 4 hours after school and 5-8 on weekend days (5 on sat and 8 on sun)
3 hours on school days i would say should be an average amount but it depends on what grades you are working towards and how many subjects you need to dedicate more time to etc etc
If you feel like you're not revising 'enough' try to wake up earlier - it helped me gain some extra time in the morning so that I didn't have that many things to do at the end of the day! When I was revising, I think I revised around 8 hours per day being homeschooled but if I did have classes, I'd try to get in min. 5 hours of post-school revision time but you need to see how much time you have left before the exams, and decide for yourself how much you should and most importantly, can revise - it's vital that you don't overwork yourself.

As a general rule of thumb, if you want to put in more hours, you need to make sure you're revising efficiently/effectively and that you're not doing it for the sake of 'getting more hours in' because it can be counter-productive. As you know, revising for 6 hours with great focus and understanding is much better than revising 10 hours with sporadic periods of immense focus only.

Lastly, remember to rest, drink water and good luck!
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by oursgrace
atm after school i come from school and try to revise but feel like i havent revised for enough hours
how many hours are recommended to revise for?

Heya!
It really depends. Generally, people aim for at least 2-3 hours of focused revision per day, with breaks in between to avoid burnout. It's important to remember that quality of revision time is more important than quantity. If you find that you're struggling to focus after a certain amount of time, take a break or switch to a different subject. It's also important to prioritize rest and self-care, as these are crucial for maintaining focus and productivity in the long term.

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest