The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Official Loughborough University - Ask a Current Student Thread 2023

Hi there!

Welcome to Loughborough University’s Official Ask a Current Student Thread 2023.

We’ve set up this thread for people to speak to current students about what they like about studying at Loughborough University.

We have student ambassadors and current students running this thread and they are happy to speak to you.

Here are some of the top things students love about studying at Loughborough that you may want to find out more about:

1) Campus all the buildings at the University are in one place, so the Loughborough University campus has a real community feel about it. The campus is 523 acres and has an outstanding academic team to push students to achieve their full potential. The University also has an unbeatable student experience.
2) Facilities not only does the University have the best sports facilities, but it also offers many societies and sports clubs for students to get involved with. There’s something for everyone at Loughborough.
3) Loughborough brings out the best in you the University believes in its learners. It has an amazing Careers team and the Personal Best development programme for students to achieve what they want. Being a part of the Loughborough family has a special feel.

Our team of current students look forward to helping you with your queries, so please feel free to share them.

- Loughborough Student Community Team
(edited 1 year ago)
Heyy ive applied for Loughborough but not heard back yet, has anyone had any offers?xx
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by aidyn.mcguigan
Heyy ive applied for Loughborough but not heard back yet, has anyone had any offers?xx

Hi there!

I would suggest emailing [email protected] with your UCAS Personal ID Number, e-mail address, full name and DOB, and they will update you on the status of your application.

Good luck!

Lilia
Hi, I'm a first year student researching transferring universities potentially to Loughborough for my 2nd and 3rd year, do you accept transfer students, and what are the requirements if you do? Does it help that I received an offer for my course when I applied though UCAS?
Hi, I’m a (very😅) mature student and I’ve an interview for the BA in fine art coming up. I’d love to know what to expect from the online interview and how many people tend to be interviewing and also what it’s like to study art at Loughborough. Thank you!
Original post by clumsieee
Hi, I'm a first year student researching transferring universities potentially to Loughborough for my 2nd and 3rd year, do you accept transfer students, and what are the requirements if you do? Does it help that I received an offer for my course when I applied though UCAS?

Hi @clumsieee,

I can answer your question!

I've spoken to our Admissions Office and they have said that we do consider applications for Year 2 entry for a number of our degree courses. Details can be found here. You can read through the information provided on this webpage for more information. It includes the guidance that students must have met our original entry requirements for the course they are interested in. If you require any additional support, you are more than welcome to email the Admissions team directly at [email protected]. You should provide full details of all of your qualifications to date and your current course.

I hope this helps! Please feel free to ask me any further questions if you have any :smile:

- Lindsay
Original post by aidyn.mcguigan

I recieved mine within a month I'd say, I'd sent my form off just before the winter holidays and got a response on the 6th Jan x

I hope they've gotten back to you x
Original post by steviestevieee
I recieved mine within a month I'd say, I'd sent my form off just before the winter holidays and got a response on the 6th Jan x

I hope they've gotten back to you x

Hey @steviestevieee,

Thanks for your comment! Let us know if you have any questions too :smile:

- Lindsay
Original post by Coveredinpaint
Hi, I’m a (very😅) mature student and I’ve an interview for the BA in fine art coming up. I’d love to know what to expect from the online interview and how many people tend to be interviewing and also what it’s like to study art at Loughborough. Thank you!

Hi @Coveredinpaint,

Great question! This link has helpful information about interviews: https://www.lboro.ac.uk/schools/design-creative-arts/study/undergraduate/application-process/creative-arts-interview-and-portfolio/

Feel free to ask us any further questions about life at Loughborough. Alternatively, you can also view our student stories here to get a feel of what it's like to study a programme within the School of Design and Creative Arts: https://www.lboro.ac.uk/schools/design-creative-arts/study/undergraduate/our-students/

I hope this helps!

- Lindsay
(edited 1 year ago)
Thanks Lindsay that’s really helpful - even with all my googling I hadn’t come across that student stories page. I really hope I get a place - it’s my first choice by miles.
Original post by Coveredinpaint
Thanks Lindsay that’s really helpful - even with all my googling I hadn’t come across that student stories page. I really hope I get a place - it’s my first choice by miles.

No problem - glad I could help! If you have any questions in the meantime, please do ask :smile:

- Lindsay
(edited 1 year ago)
Hello! I am interested in applying to Loughborough's Art and Design Foundation Studies and would like to learn what the experience looks like from the point of view of a current student, if possible. Especially an international one!
Thanks in advance, and hope whoever answers has a nice day!
Original post by AshenDi
Hello! I am interested in applying to Loughborough's Art and Design Foundation Studies and would like to learn what the experience looks like from the point of view of a current student, if possible. Especially an international one!
Thanks in advance, and hope whoever answers has a nice day!

Hi @AshenDi,

It's great to hear that you're interested in studying at Loughborough University :smile:

Please find some case studies from other students here.

You can read more about our International Foundation Programme here.

If you want any further information, please get in touch with our International Office by emailing [email protected].

I hope this helps :smile: if you have any other questions that I can try and help with, please feel free to ask.

- Lindsay
(edited 1 year ago)
Hello!! I've been given an offer for this year and i would just like know the costs for the tennis club for elite athletes. Thank you
Original post by Nithiland
Hello!! I've been given an offer for this year and i would just like know the costs for the tennis club for elite athletes. Thank you

Hi @Nithiland,

Congratulations on your offer :smile:

I would recommend looking at this page for more information about how you contact Loughborough Tennis.

I hope this helps :smile: if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

- Lindsay
HI i have an offer for Product Design engineering at loughborough and its my first choice. The offer is for ABB but I was wondering if I would still get in if I got A*BC?
Also where do I find out how many hours of lectures I would have?
Thanks
Original post by IsobelBuist
HI i have an offer for Product Design engineering at loughborough and its my first choice. The offer is for ABB but I was wondering if I would still get in if I got A*BC?
Also where do I find out how many hours of lectures I would have?
Thanks

Hi @IsobelBuist

Congratulations on your offer!

The team on TSR don't deal directly with admissions but if you email [email protected] with your full name, UCAS Personal ID and the course you've applied to they will be able to help you.

I'm not sure the specific number of hours of lectures you would have but if you email [email protected] they should be able to tell you.

If you have any other questions just let us know :smile:

Jess

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending