The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Aero-mechanical Engineering

I applied to University of Glasgow and Strathclyde for aero-mechanical engineering. I got and unconditional offer from Glasgow. If I get an offer from Strathclyde as well which one should I choose? Before I went to the open days I wanted to go to Strathclyde but the open days changed my mind. Glasgow uni seemed nicer and has better accommodation. Also I want to be an F1 engineer and Glasgow has a better formula student team(they won it in 2022 and they usually rank higher). On the other side Strathclyde seems to be ranked slightly higher for mechanical engineering. I am not sure. Any insight would be much appriciated. .
Original post by b0da_05
I applied to University of Glasgow and Strathclyde for aero-mechanical engineering. I got and unconditional offer from Glasgow. If I get an offer from Strathclyde as well which one should I choose? Before I went to the open days I wanted to go to Strathclyde but the open days changed my mind. Glasgow uni seemed nicer and has better accommodation. Also I want to be an F1 engineer and Glasgow has a better formula student team(they won it in 2022 and they usually rank higher). On the other side Strathclyde seems to be ranked slightly higher for mechanical engineering. I am not sure. Any insight would be much appriciated. .

Hi,
still deciding?
I just happen to be in same boat as you but with offers 😕 no clue what to pick
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by cantdomathlikefr
Hi,
still deciding?
I just happen to be in same boat as you but with offers 😕 no clue what to pick

I picked Glasgow, the reasons are it has a better campus and the area is nicer as well more chill compared to the location of Strathclyde. Uni of Glasgow also has a bigger department for aero related stuff. I went to open days for both and liked Uni of Glasgow more. Wish you good luck
Original post by b0da_05
I picked Glasgow, the reasons are it has a better campus and the area is nicer as well more chill compared to the location of Strathclyde. Uni of Glasgow also has a bigger department for aero related stuff. I went to open days for both and liked Uni of Glasgow more. Wish you good luck

ty ty,
I accepted glasgow today- only one problem.
did you have to fill in some online self application? "Accessing Applicant Self-Service"
Reply 4
Original post by cantdomathlikefr
ty ty,
I accepted glasgow today- only one problem.
did you have to fill in some online self application? "Accessing Applicant Self-Service"

No, 1 day after I applied to uni they sent me an automated email saying thank you for applying and it had my applicant portal id. They would have sent you one as well. After that i didn’t have to fill in anything. I just signed into the applicant portal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending