The Student Room Group

Accreditations

Hi,
I'm currently deciding between Mechanical and Aero at Sheffield, and I'm not sure which is best. Sheffield Mech ranks 7th and Aero at 5th in the UK, and the main thing is Aero is accredited by 4 institutes, (Mechanical, Material, Electrical and Aerospace) whereas Mechanical is only by ImechE.
I want to work with materials/sustainable fuels in the future (can also do Chemical Engineering at Bath too) .
Any insight on how to make a decision is much appreciated.
Original post by Singam21
Hi,
I'm currently deciding between Mechanical and Aero at Sheffield, and I'm not sure which is best. Sheffield Mech ranks 7th and Aero at 5th in the UK, and the main thing is Aero is accredited by 4 institutes, (Mechanical, Material, Electrical and Aerospace) whereas Mechanical is only by ImechE.
I want to work with materials/sustainable fuels in the future (can also do Chemical Engineering at Bath too) .
Any insight on how to make a decision is much appreciated.

As long as the degree is accredited by an engineering institution you can use it to help you achieve chartership, and that's what matters. How many different institutions accredit a degree doesn't matter.

Chemical engineering is probably a better choice for materials and/or sustainable fuels.

Quick Reply

Latest