The Student Room Group

Chances of top uni engineering offer if reapplying

I achieved A* in maths B in phyics and A in chemistry and didn’t get into either firm or insurance choices. If I take a year out and resit physics as well as doing further maths, what are my chances of receiving an offer from a top university such as Imperial, UCL or Bath for mechanical or aerospace engineering?
Original post by nicolaslo
I achieved A* in maths B in phyics and A in chemistry and didn’t get into either firm or insurance choices. If I take a year out and resit physics as well as doing further maths, what are my chances of receiving an offer from a top university such as Imperial, UCL or Bath for mechanical or aerospace engineering?

I've just been accepted to do aero at southamptn which ranks somewhere in the top 3 in the country for that course and they asked for A*AA so im sure if you get the B to an A in physics youll defintely be able to get into some of the top engineering unis as that is what the most ask for except imperial where theyll normally look for more A* and 4 alevels
Reply 2
Original post by nicolaslo

Plenty of good Engineering unis in clearing - I wouldn't bother retaking as there's no guarantee you'll do better.
Don't retake. With your grades you can easily find a place in clearing. If you want to go to one of these universities for the prestige, then get your degree and go do an MSc there.

Quick Reply

Latest