The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Does KCL show information on the modules they offer?

So I was looking at a course and the modules they offer but it doesn't show any hyperlinks about the information/description on the individual modules like most universities do on their course structure list. KCL only show a list of the modules and their credits.
The course I was looking at is 'BSc Economics and Management'. I like the modules on the list they offer but I can't really make a decision whether that course is suitable for me or not...They need to be clear, thats all.
Can anyone help or give any input on this?
Unfortunately they redesigned their website a few years ago which ended up making it much less actually useful and functional in order to make it look "fancy". A caveat of this is that most of the detailed module information seems to no longer be available to external users. What you can find on there is what you can get really...
(edited 1 year ago)
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by artful_lounger
Unfortunately they redesigned their website a few years ago which ended up making it much less actually useful and functional in order to make it look "fancy". A caveat of this is that most of the detailed module information seems to no longer be available to external users. What you can find on there is what you can get really...

They’ve done this at a few unis including where I am. If you can try googling the module code and uni name and you may find the module info page directly rather than going through the website.
Reply 3
https://www.kcl.ac.uk/abroad/module-options/search
Here it is
it's not very helpful it's under the 'Abroad' section implying it's aimed at students who are doing a sandwich year in King's, (and everyone else?) but yeah anyone can look at them from here
Bit annoying they don't mention any readings like other unis though
(edited 12 months ago)
Reply 4
Hello,
I have an offer from King's College London and University of Manchester for my Masters in Organisational Psychology.
KCL's Institute of Psychology, Psychiatry and Neuroscience will be providing the course which means the focus is more on general mental health, whereas in UoM...the course is under Alliance Manchester Business School...which means there are more organisational/business concepts that would help me pursue a career in HR.

seems like employability rates are higher for UoM than KCL but again...would being in London help in any way?

Apart from that I wanted to know which city is better for networking and job opportunities? London or Manchester?
London is more expensive which is a factor i want to consider but I am also conflicted about whether the reputation of the uni matters or not?
As an International Student, I want to be at a university/city that wouldn't drain me out.

Kcl is ranked higher than UoM in Psychology but UoM's business school is much better the King's Business School.

Which uni would equip me better for getting a job later on? Would the brand name/reputation of KCL matter? Do recruiters consider that?

Is KCL the obvious choice or should I go ahead with UoM?

Quick Reply

Latest