The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Course

Has anyone studied the Information in Society BSc at UCL yet?
If so how is it
Original post by Anonymous #1
Has anyone studied the Information in Society BSc at UCL yet?
If so how is it

It's a new subject nobody has studied it. I'm gonna try my luck A(Maths)A(Law)B(Econ) Predicted grades. it aligns with my career goals and the modules that you take are highly employable skills being at UCL is even better because of the reputation. I probably won't get an offer even though the entry requirement is ABB but we will see I guess.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2
It's a new subject nobody has studied it. I'm gonna try my luck A(Maths)A(Law)B(Econ) Predicted grades. it aligns with my career goals and the modules that you take are highly employable skills being at UCL is even better because of the reputation. I probably won't get an offer even though the entry requirement is ABB but we will see I guess.

Good Luck, hopefully you’re successful in getting in. If you do get in lmk how your finding the course
Reply 3

You don’t have to say if it’s too personal but were you successful in meeting the GCSE requirements for the program?
Yep I got a grade 7 in maths GCSE and 5 in English Language GCSE. I’d consider myself lucky to be honest. You only need a 7 if you don’t do A-level maths though.
Reply 5
Yep I got a grade 7 in maths GCSE and 5 in English Language GCSE. I’d consider myself lucky to be honest. You only need a 7 if you don’t do A-level maths though.

Any tips on getting a 7 in maths
I’m considering to result in summer, please give some advice I really want to study this program
Any tips on getting a 7 in maths
I’m considering to result in summer, please give some advice I really want to study this program

Honestly it’s been a while, but I’d say go through your spec thoroughly. Then complete as many past paper exam questions. Then go to your weak topics and do as many questions possible. Just constant exam question practice should be enough to get a grade 7.

Did you receive an offer? I have also applied but haven’t heard anything
Original post by Anonymous #3
Did you receive an offer? I have also applied but haven’t heard anything

Nope I got rejected and my predicted grades changed too before I submitted I had A*AA and still got rejected. Tbh I was gutted I really thought I had it in the bag. I’m just waiting on KCL to respond hopefully I get that.
Nope I got rejected and my predicted grades changed too before I submitted I had A*AA and still got rejected. Tbh I was gutted I really thought I had it in the bag. I’m just waiting on KCL to respond hopefully I get that.

Don’t worry, you will get a better offer. All the best to you for KCL!
Reply 10

Oh no, best of luck for your other options. Its so unfair tho, if you’re predicted grades were so good and you met the GCSE criteria then how are you getting rejected for such a new program.
Oh no, best of luck for your other options. Its so unfair tho, if you’re predicted grades were so good and you met the GCSE criteria then how are you getting rejected for such a new program.

Exactly what I thought. Their reasoning in the rejection was that there was high competition. 😭😭 oh well. lets see if anyone else gets in with lower grade if that happens I’ll Appeal.
Reply 12
Exactly what I thought. Their reasoning in the rejection was that there was high competition. 😭😭 oh well. lets see if anyone else gets in with lower grade if that happens I’ll Appeal.

What program do you think you’ll study at KCL?
What program do you think you’ll study at KCL?

Social Sciences BA.
Social Sciences BA.

If I am accepted into the program, there are two different paths I can take: Social Policy and Education. I have decided to pursue Social Policy. Once I complete my undergraduate studies, I plan to pursue a master's degree at either LSE or UCL and possibly even in the United States.

When did you send your application for information in society? I also applied but still haven’t heard anything
Original post by Anonymous #4
When did you send your application for information in society? I also applied but still haven’t heard anything

3 months ago.
Has anyone received an offer yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending