The Student Room Group

Unit 6 Micro controllers exam- Engineering btec level 3 extended diploma

The first day of my Unit 6 microcontrollers exam is the 9th, would anyone know the exam scenario is in terms of what we need to build, and what electronic components will we need to build our circuit?
Many thanks
Alex

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by AlexTheEngineer
The first day of my Unit 6 microcontrollers exam is the 9th, would anyone know the exam scenario is in terms of what we need to build, and what electronic components will we need to build our circuit?
Many thanks
Alex

It’s an alarm system
Reply 2
Original post by Rosetheengineer
Hey Alex and Posreh, was your exam the 9th of January 2024? If you know the scenario could you possibly lend a hand, what kind of alarm system was it, like what was required n stuff xx Thank you in advance!!!Rose
My unit 6 exam begins tomorrow whats the paper about
Reply 3
you have to make an elevator that goes to multiple floors. 🥲
And is it so it has to remember floor numbers like if I were to press 1,3 and 4 does it need to go to all three?

my teacher gave us like a hint saying about how we need to use a motor, relay, multiple buttons and LED's as indicators, im assuming we have to make the motor travel a certain distance before stopping depending on the floor.
What’s the unexpected event??

could be having multiple floors inputted
Yeah I was thinking it may be the emergency button on a real one, mines Friday 12th so I’ll let the people know tomorrow xxx

thank you, mines on monday, would you be able to find out the client brief requirements?
And is it so it has to remember floor numbers like if I were to press 1,3 and 4 does it need to go to all three?

do you know of any way to make a motor return to its original position

Call component macro to start and stop motor xx

And yeah you got it I’ll remember it all n tell yall

What was it?
someone tell us the client brief if uve done it before my exams on monday so asap.
Original post by HUS20133312
someone tell us the client brief if uve done it before my exams on monday so asap.

Just to let yall know I’ll be deleting the brief in a couple days so take the information if you need it and don’t share to to every person you know

I did it

How did you tackle making the motor change between levels, did you change the direction the motor span or did you do it another way?

I just programmed the motor to move for 10 seconds “indicating the lift moving between floors”

So you just made the motor work for 10 seconds and didn’t change the polarity

Unfortunately our motors only work when we “start motor reverse” it doesn’t work turning forwards

Ohhhh okay

But I plan to take a screenshot when it says “start motor forwards” then change it for the video so it actually works

Ahhh okay, are you gunna have 2 pictures, one saying forward and one saying reverse
Original post by Kenhinde
Does the manual action mean by hand? like pull the door open with hand or buy pushing a button?

If you see the Minimum requirement on the exam is “indicate when it’s safe to open the door” therefore I don’t think we have to fuss with it
Also I recommend EVERYONE to delete their messages once their exam is over. This is to protect yalls certificate qualifications
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 17
Also I recommend EVERYONE to delete their messages once their exam is over. This is to protect yalls certificate qualifications

Hi rose what did u do for active 2 for the technical specification?
Original post by Shaz78601
Hi rose what did u do for active 2 for the technical specification?

What the client needs to be able to meet operational requirements
Reply 19
Just to let yall know I’ll be deleting the brief in a couple days so take the information if you need it and don’t share to to every person you know

Hi had a couple of questions, first was if you still had the client brief and also what is the best thing I could put when it comes to activity 2. Ive been reading the examiners report but its not really helping. My brief was about the lift as well. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending