The Student Room Group

University choices

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Interea
There are a lot of newer nicer buildings and green space around the campus, it's really only the very centre that is currently still dense and a bit more bland (although there are plans to improve that area too, and trust me, you appreciate that central density a lot when you're running between lectures!). I really don't think it's bad enough to avoid the uni because of it if you like the course!

That is very true - me and my friends have gone between rootes (a convenience store on campus) and our lectures very quickly!
Original post by ScoutLeopard
well, I feel like it depends on what building(s) your in. The IMC - which is where Cyber Security is - is fairly nice however some buildings can be pretty bland. Cyber Security at Warwick is part of WMG and the WMG buildings are fairly nice. There are a lot of nice spaces though including the tocil woods and the area by the gym.

Also, don't expect an offer until March at the earliest - the depatment likes to take its time with offers!

Yeah I know they took a while as I have heard others say similar, not sure on what course you do but would you know my possibility of getting in with having a D*D*DD equivalent to A*A*AA and me doing multiple outside activities like online programming courses?
Original post by Banana bread96
Yeah I know they took a while as I have heard others say similar, not sure on what course you do but would you know my possibility of getting in with having a D*D*DD equivalent to A*A*AA and me doing multiple outside activities like online programming courses?

as long as you have decent personal statements then I'd say there is a decent chance of you getting in! unless cyber's entry requirement's have changed in the last year, then they will be AAB so you'll definitely tick that box for them.
as long as you have decent personal statements then I'd say there is a decent chance of you getting in! unless cyber's entry requirement's have changed in the last year, then they will be AAB so you'll definitely tick that box for them.

That's good to hear I have been told by Lancaster (as they wrote me a personalised letter on my offer no clue why but it's nice I guess) that it was a good statement from one of my teachers who never compliments anyone. Hoping I get a spot. What course do you do at warick?
That's good to hear I have been told by Lancaster (as they wrote me a personalised letter on my offer no clue why but it's nice I guess) that it was a good statement from one of my teachers who never compliments anyone. Hoping I get a spot. What course do you do at warick?

ah that's good!

and I do cyber haha so if/when you come for an offer holder day feel free to message me!
ah that's good!

and I do cyber haha so if/when you come for an offer holder day feel free to message me!

Oh good I would have thought you did just wanted to check, if I get an offer ill be going to warick as soon as possible.
Oh good I would have thought you did just wanted to check, if I get an offer ill be going to warick as soon as possible.

I think the first offers for my year were in March time and then there was an offer holder day in early-mid april although I know someone who didn't get their offer until may.

Hi how long did Lancaster take to send your offer pls?
Original post by University2023

Handed in my application on the 20th December and they responded to me on the 11th of jan
I think the first offers for my year were in March time and then there was an offer holder day in early-mid april although I know someone who didn't get their offer until may.

Quite late but they probably have a lot of applications with that so does Nottingham because it's one of the biggest unis but they replied to me within 2 weeks.
Original post by username6055675

I applied on 20th and got my offer today for CS
Hi there, I'm a second year studying at Nottingham. While I don't study cyber security, I can share my experience of the uni, city life etc.

The campus is also amazing. It is really green and open with lots of places to walk around. Because of the there are lots of societies as well Nottingham. I really enjoy using the sports facilities there too. There are so many different activities available and its a great atmosphere. Location-wise, its away from the bustle of the city; however, its still only 10-15 mins on a tram/bus. Also, after first year you can live in an area called Lenton, in between the city and uni, which many people find convenient for getting everywhere easily.

The social life in Nottingham is really good too. Because there are two unis in Nottingham, there is even more demand for nights out, pubs, bars etc. But also, if you're not a massive fan of going out there are over 300 student led societies you could join.

Nottingham is also a Russel group uni, so you can be sure the education you're getting is of a great standard too.

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask. Jonah :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending