The Student Room Group

Applying for unis for mech engineering

Which unis can I apply to with predicted grades of A*A*AA in chemistry maths fm and physics for mech eng?
Reply 1
Original post by Strike436
Which unis can I apply to with predicted grades of A*A*AA in chemistry maths fm and physics for mech eng?

Are you planning to work as an Engineer?

If so then look for a degree with a year in industry. RG is irrelevant - look for accreditation and up-to-date content.
Hi there,

You can apply to any university with these predicted! These are great grades and in relevant subject areas for the course. The question is what else you might be looking for to narrow it down.

I recommend applying to universities which offer work experience years. Any experience you can get as an engineer will really help boost your employability and skillset.

Make sure you're picking universities which are right for you. While reputation and rankings might be a good start, they're not the only important factors to consider. What facilities do they have? How far from home do you want to go? What societies and clubs do they offer? Are they campus or city? What is the town like? How is the social side? What other opportunities will they support? etc

Good luck with your decision!
- Sophie (uni of Bath)
Original post by Strike436

Hi there @Strike436 😁 . All the reply's so far have been spot on , with grades like that you can apply to any university of your choice and have a high chance of getting in. Even in the case that your grades drop slightly you should still be able to get into a good university.
I suggest that you narrow your choice down to about 8 universities , pick 4 of your top choices and 4 choices you wouldn't mind going to then start going to open days to see if you would be happy in those universities and if their facilities are what you are looking for. After this settle on your top 5 choices and apply through UCAS. If you do this early enough you may even be able to do open days more than once before you pick your firm and insurance choice.
I hope this helps a little.

Cece
Energy Engineering Student
De Montfort University

Quick Reply

Latest