The Student Room Group

Application deadline

My referee is gonna take a week to send my reference meaning that I'll miss the ucas deadline which is today and I'm wondering if that's OK. I'm a mature student who had some trouble finding a referee.

I don't mind handing it a week late as I'm applying for criminology and not applying for great unis.
(edited 1 year ago)
the deadline is for equal consideration, sending it after won't mean that you have zero chances of getting an offer but it just means that places may fill up quicker and theyre not then legally required to consider you equally etc. id give it a google tho haha
Original post by ghostrider21432
My referee is gonna take a week to send my reference meaning that I'll miss the ucas deadline which is today and I'm wondering if that's OK. I'm a mature student who had some trouble finding a referee.

I don't mind handing it a week late as I'm applying for criminology and not applying for great unis.

(paraphrasing myself from elsewhere)

I would submit the app pre-deadline, even if you think there's a good chance the course will remain open.

The ref might be there by the time they consider it, or there's a fair chance if it's not they'll ask you to arrange for it.

If the course closes to applications, they won't consider it whether the ref is there regardless.
Original post by ghostrider21432

You should submit on time with a named reference and reference can be added later.There is a box to tick if you are doing this .Ideally you would phone your unis admissions to see if they will accept this situation.
Reply 4
I tried ticking the box to apply without and it then pulled the reference request from my referee. I don't know if the reference can still be submitted afterwards
Original post by Mowlva
I tried ticking the box to apply without and it then pulled the reference request from my referee. I don't know if the reference can still be submitted afterwards

Can you untick the box and add in your reference again.
@PQ urgent help UCAS needed.
If it's submitted, then I would just email your choices directly to explain that you're in process of getting a reference.

If not, I don't think there's any point reverting it and trying to get the reference done in the last hour before the deadline.
Original post by Admit-One
If it's submitted, then I would just email your choices directly to explain that you're in process of getting a reference.

If not, I don't think there's any point reverting it and trying to get the reference done in the last hour before the deadline.

Agree I thought it was midnight. My mistake.
Get it submitted.
Get your referee to send you your reference as a pdf.
Email it through to your universities tomorrow afternoon (we won't get an application submitted now until tomorrow morning at the earliest) with your FULL name, date of birth and UCAS ID and course applied to.
Original post by PQ
Get it submitted.
Get your referee to send you your reference as a pdf.
Email it through to your universities tomorrow afternoon (we won't get an application submitted now until tomorrow morning at the earliest) with your FULL name, date of birth and UCAS ID and course applied to.

Ref is saying it won't be done until next week.
Original post by Scotney
Ref is saying it won't be done until next week.

Then an email explaining that tomorrow afternoon instead of sending it through :smile:
Original post by PQ
Then an email explaining that tomorrow afternoon instead of sending it through :smile:

Thank you you are a true gem.
Original post by Mowlva

Let us know how it goes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending