The Student Room Group

How are people receving offers before 31st January

So a couple of my friends have applied to uni and submit their ucas and they have already started receiving offers. I thought that the equal consideration deadline was the 31st of January. Also will I be at a disadvantage if I apply in the start of January.
Original post by jake102:)
So a couple of my friends have applied to uni and submit their ucas and they have already started receiving offers. I thought that the equal consideration deadline was the 31st of January. Also will I be at a disadvantage if I apply in the start of January.

Very few courses reject any applicants.

for most courses criteria are set at the start of the year - any applicants meeting the criteria get an offer, any that don’t meet the criteria are either kept on hold until after the deadline or rejected (depending on how popular the course is and how far the applicant is from the criteria)
Loads of courses start making offers straight away. They roughly know the volume of applicants they get and the number of places they need to fill. Those courses will probably be open long after the equal consideration deadline, (which is probably most courses, by volume).

No disadvantage to applying later, (up until the end of Jan), the same process is carried out and unis don't run out of offers to give out.
Original post by jake102:)

Hi,
It sounds to me like your friends met an earlier deadline or the universities they applied to simply had a better idea of numbers in order to be able to accept students earlier.
Don't be discouraged by applying just before the deadline, the universities that you apply to will have to review your application just as much as anybody else's.
Good luck,
Meg 🙂
MA Popular Music Student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending