The Student Room Group

NHS Graduate Management Training Scheme

Scroll to see replies

lwalkerl
I'm in the same boat as you. I don't want more academic education. However I wouldn't mind the professionals qualifcations like the one offered by the NHS.

The teaching scheme I'm applying for does a professional teaching qualification at the end which is great! The professional qualification offered by the NHS was definately the pivetal point in my application. It sounded really worthwhile doing.

Oh well. Next year.
Reply 1981
bea_broccoli
The teaching scheme I'm applying for does a professional teaching qualification at the end which is great! The professional qualification offered by the NHS was definitely the pivetal point in my application. It sounded really worthwhile doing.

Oh well. Next year.

Well I'll be applying next year so we'll be in the same boat :P
lwalkerl
Well I'll be applying next year so we'll be in the same boat :P

Ooh, hang on... surely it will be this year, for the 2011 intake? :biggrin:
Reply 1983
bea_broccoli
Ooh, hang on... surely it will be this year, for the 2011 intake? :biggrin:

You know what I mean lol
Haha, yep. :smile:
mandy2
They usually recruit Fresh Graduates not old graduates.

Thought I'd just add that I'm on the scheme this year and this is absolute rubbish. If anything I've been surprised at how many people on it are not "fresh graduates". I applied a couple of years after graduating. I was rejected from a couple during my final year so I know what it's like, but it's really not the end of the world. If anything for a lot of prestigious graduate schemes a few years out of the academic bubble can be a real advantage. I think some people straight out of uni would find some of the jobs my cohort NHS grads are doing extremely difficult.
themagicmonkey
Thought I'd just add that I'm on the scheme this year and this is absolute rubbish. If anything I've been surprised at how many people on it are not "fresh graduates". I applied a couple of years after graduating. I was rejected from a couple during my final year so I know what it's like, but it's really not the end of the world. If anything for a lot of prestigious graduate schemes a few years out of the academic bubble can be a real advantage. I think some people straight out of uni would find some of the jobs my cohort NHS grads are doing extremely difficult.

Which scheme are you on?

It's a shame you're not enjoying it - how come you're not?
bea_broccoli
Which scheme are you on?

It's a shame you're not enjoying it - how come you're not?

I took themagicmonkeys post to mean that its rubbish that they prefer new graduates to old graduates.

I thought he was replying to the post he quoted.:s-smilie:
There was an article in the Times this morning saying that this year's graduates are loosing out on jobs to last year's graduates who have more work experience and that those graduating this June will find it harder to get jobs.
vicky1986
I took themagicmonkeys post to mean that its rubbish that they prefer new graduates to old graduates.

I thought he was replying to the post he quoted.:s-smilie:

Thank you for pointing that out :smile: it was just me, misreading the post! That's what I get for trying to think when I'm full of cold. :yep:
Reply 1990
Anyone got their interview in London?

Not had a 'proper' interview in a long time :s-smilie: Mine is on 26th - just want it to come round now and get it over and done with!

How are you all feeling about it?
AndyKing
Anyone got their interview in London?

Not had a 'proper' interview in a long time :s-smilie: Mine is on 26th - just want it to come round now and get it over and done with!

How are you all feeling about it?

Congrats! Mines on the 25th in Ldn. What scheme are your interviewing for?
I wasn't nervous, but now the dates getting closer, I'm starting to feel it!
Reply 1992
Have we finally been given a break from walker n broccoli's seemingly budding attraction? :p: i got an interview for finance in Ldn on the 25th too lol. s*ittin myself
Mikey3
Have we finally been given a break from walker n broccoli's seemingly budding attraction? :p: i got an interview for finance in Ldn on the 25th too lol. s*ittin myself

LOOL. The folks in this forum have bonded through the stress of waiting!

Im crossing my fingers early that it won't snow while we wait for the outcome of the interview... :eek:

I applied for HR. It's the only scheme I applied for this year, but I'm still an undergrad so there's always next year.

I would love it if I could leave uni knowing I had a job that will pay for my postgrad! :yep:
Hey, I have an interview on the 25th in London for General Management. Guess I'll see some of you there! :smile:
Reply 1995
Mine is for general management. I'm working not far from the building where they will be held- had a walk over there at lunch today. Pretty nice building - and it's huuuuuuge!!
Well at least I'll be able to find the building easy enough (in theory!), hopefully see you at an assessment center Andy :smile: I'm also looking forward to the interview being over :s.

Does anyone know how I can access my application form? I didn't think to save it before I sent it, for all the other schemes i've applied to you can just flick back to your form after it's been submitted :s-smilie:
Reply 1997
This is my problem Gaga- I can't remember what i wrote about or even what questions they asked?! :confused: :confused:

I don't think we can look at it now, i keep kicking myself for not printing it out :frown:

Does anyone remember the questions asked?
Glad i'm not the only one! It really didn't occur to me at the time. Don't really want to ring the graduate recruitment people in case it counts against me.
Reply 1999
Yeah i don't really want to do that either...

We'll be fine i'm sure, have you started doing any prep yet for it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending