The Student Room Group

Dropping epq

So I applied in December with A*A*A* and an EPQ. I mentioned the EPQ on my qualifications on UCAS and also on my personal statement (2-3 lines). I left my EPQ for the last minute, I barely have any research and am considering dropping it. I have already received 2 offers from good London unis (they didn't mention EPQ on the offer). If I drop it and contact the unis to notify them, will it affect my current and future offers? Will the unis remove my conditional offer? (specifically LSE, UCL and Kings)
Original post by carlotacampos
So I applied in December with A*A*A* and an EPQ. I mentioned the EPQ on my qualifications on UCAS and also on my personal statement (2-3 lines). I left my EPQ for the last minute, I barely have any research and am considering dropping it. I have already received 2 offers from good London unis (they didn't mention EPQ on the offer). If I drop it and contact the unis to notify them, will it affect my current and future offers? Will the unis remove my conditional offer? (specifically LSE, UCL and Kings)

Although it isn’t included in your offers, in theory it may have been taken into account on the presumption that you’ll at least complete it.

In reality, most unis won’t care once the offers has been issued, however you must check with them and get something in writing before you cancel the EPQ.

One thing that definitely won’t happen is that they withdraw the offer just for checking. (“I’m thinking of dropping my EPQ, could you confirm whether it would affect my issued offer if I did.”)
Thank you so much!
Do you think I should wait to notify them only when I have received all my offers (until March-April)? Otherwise they may take my action into account when reviewing my personal statement, etc.
Original post by Admit-One
Although it isn’t included in your offers, in theory it may have been taken into account on the presumption that you’ll at least complete it.

In reality, most unis won’t care once the offers has been issued, however you must check with them and get something in writing before you cancel the EPQ.

One thing that definitely won’t happen is that they withdraw the offer just for checking. (“I’m thinking of dropping my EPQ, could you confirm whether it would affect my issued offer if I did.”)
Original post by carlotacampos
Thank you so much!
Do you think I should wait to notify them only when I have received all my offers (until March-April)? Otherwise they may take my action into account when reviewing my personal statement, etc.

Personally, I would enquire now so you are not waiting once you have your offers. Remember, you are only asking whether it would make any difference, not confirming that you definitely will drop it. If none of them have an issue, you can send a confirmation later and make your firm and insurance choice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending