The Student Room Group

SRA Admission

Submitted my admission application. Nothing to declare, but had to upload my LPC certificate. SRA helpline has said that it will need to be processed manually now and it can take up to 30 days which cuts it close to the date my NQ offer is supposed to start.

Does anyone know if the SRA stick to the 30 day timeline for manually reviewing admission applications or if they actual deal with it quicker?
Reply 1
Hi - I submitted my application a week ago. I was wondering if you could let me know how long yours took in the end? I had the same issue with my LPC certificate.
Thank you!
Original post by JayneWH
Hi - I submitted my application a week ago. I was wondering if you could let me know how long yours took in the end? I had the same issue with my LPC certificate.
Thank you!

I think it took just over a week for me to be approved. I think it depends on your caseworker though as I think I emailed my LPC certificate and within 1-2 working days was approved. However, I know someone else in exactly the same boat who was approved in just less than 3 weeks. However, both were well within that 30 day limit so it didnt impact on admission date!
Hello - I submitted my application just over a week ago and had to provide a copy of my LPC with the application. The form did not ask me to specify my admission date - is this something we do after or are you admitted on same day the application is approved? Thank you!
Original post by FSummers04
Hello - I submitted my application just over a week ago and had to provide a copy of my LPC with the application. The form did not ask me to specify my admission date - is this something we do after or are you admitted on same day the application is approved? Thank you!

If you have to submit a copy of your LPC certificate you have to wait for your application to be manually processed. Once it has been manually processed, you get an email and an action in your SRA profile to select your admission date.
Original post by PinkPeonies
If you have to submit a copy of your LPC certificate you have to wait for your application to be manually processed. Once it has been manually processed, you get an email and an action in your SRA profile to select your admission date.

Thank you! The manual process is still within the 30 days right? Also sorry very last thing, are there limited admissions dates per month or can you choose any date?
Thank you! The manual process is still within the 30 days right? Also sorry very last thing, are there limited admissions dates per month or can you choose any date?

No don’t worry, ask away! I remember the stress and SRA weren’t forthcoming with answers! Yes it says they’ll usually approve within 30 days officially. Mine was just over a week and my colleague’s was definitely less than 3 weeks.

You can pick any date within 30 days of their decision to approve you and it includes the day they approve you. Once you pick your day you can generate a certificate which confirms they’ll admit you on that date if your employer wants confirmation.
No don’t worry, ask away! I remember the stress and SRA weren’t forthcoming with answers! Yes it says they’ll usually approve within 30 days officially. Mine was just over a week and my colleague’s was definitely less than 3 weeks.

You can pick any date within 30 days of their decision to approve you and it includes the day they approve you. Once you pick your day you can generate a certificate which confirms they’ll admit you on that date if your employer wants confirmation.

Thank you so much! I know so hard to find guidance anywhere its all very vague!

Just an update for anyone reading this thread, I got my application approved in 7 working days and they emailed me the same day asking to pick my admission date, I chose the day after my training contract ends to be safe but it does allow you to pick any date within the next 30 days! So if anyone is in a rush, you could choose the day after they email you and its basically automatic as I got my date admission date approved in 5 minutes.
Thank you so much! I know so hard to find guidance anywhere its all very vague!

Just an update for anyone reading this thread, I got my application approved in 7 working days and they emailed me the same day asking to pick my admission date, I chose the day after my training contract ends to be safe but it does allow you to pick any date within the next 30 days! So if anyone is in a rush, you could choose the day after they email you and its basically automatic as I got my date admission date approved in 5 minutes.

Yay congratulations! Glad it’s been approved well in advance for you! Now is the time to get really excited as you’re officially qualifying!

I think the day I picked was the day after the official end of my training contract too.
I think it took just over a week for me to be approved. I think it depends on your caseworker though as I think I emailed my LPC certificate and within 1-2 working days was approved. However, I know someone else in exactly the same boat who was approved in just less than 3 weeks. However, both were well within that 30 day limit so it didnt impact on admission date!

Hi, sorry another person in the same position - which email did you send your certificate to? Thank you in advance.
Reply 10
Original post by curious1719
Hi, sorry another person in the same position - which email did you send your certificate to? Thank you in advance.

Hi, I’m in the same position! Submitted my LPC certificate around 10 days ago and still not heard back. Hope you have heard back now but unsure why it takes so long!!
Submitted my admission application. Nothing to declare, but had to upload my LPC certificate. SRA helpline has said that it will need to be processed manually now and it can take up to 30 days which cuts it close to the date my NQ offer is supposed to start.

Does anyone know if the SRA stick to the 30 day timeline for manually reviewing admission applications or if they actual deal with it quicker?

Hi, I'm currently going through the DBS check. The email to complete this was late and I should be applying for admission now. Do you know how long roughly it took to process the DBS check? It's saying 10 days but hoping it is less
Reply 12
Original post by Miawatson2
Hi, I'm currently going through the DBS check. The email to complete this was late and I should be applying for admission now. Do you know how long roughly it took to process the DBS check? It's saying 10 days but hoping it is less

Hi,

I am not sure if you will have had a response to this yet, but I submitted by application and received my DBS in this post within 3 working days. The next day the SRA emailed me to say they had received the result and I could go ahead with the next application (applying for admission). Though now I have submitted by admissions application it says it could take another 30 days for a decision as well!
Original post by Vezbeau3
Hi,

I am not sure if you will have had a response to this yet, but I submitted by application and received my DBS in this post within 3 working days. The next day the SRA emailed me to say they had received the result and I could go ahead with the next application (applying for admission). Though now I have submitted by admissions application it says it could take another 30 days for a decision as well!

Thank you for responding! Mine also went through within 3 days. I submitted my admission just under 2 weeks ago. Still haven’t had a response. When did you submit yours?
Reply 14
I submitted mine on Friday but haven't heard anything either, October is the month that firms apply for the bulk renewals of the practicing certificates so it causes significant delays! hopefully you heard back soon, please let me know when you do so that I know what to expect!
Original post by Vezbeau3
I submitted mine on Friday but haven't heard anything either, October is the month that firms apply for the bulk renewals of the practicing certificates so it causes significant delays! hopefully you heard back soon, please let me know when you do so that I know what to expect!

Ah that makes sense! Will let you know as soon as I hear
Reply 16
Original post by Miawatson2
Ah that makes sense! Will let you know as soon as I hear

Has anyone else heard back recently? If so, was it the full 30 days you waited? I lodged just over 2 weeks ago!
Reply 17
Original post by CT3
Has anyone else heard back recently? If so, was it the full 30 days you waited? I lodged just over 2 weeks ago!

Hello, I submitted mine of the 24th October 2023 and still waiting! Have you received yours yet?
Reply 18
Original post by Dhw8
Hello, I submitted mine of the 24th October 2023 and still waiting! Have you received yours yet?

Hi, how long did it take for you to receive yours? I submitted mine on 13th Dec and still nothing .. assume it’s due to Xmas and holidays

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending