The Student Room Group

Academic misconduct

Hi guys, I have just made my application to the sra for being admitted as a solicitor but have disclosed academic misconduct as 5 years ago I had an unpermitted book on me taken away by invigilator. They made me redo the assessment. Question is how likely is sra to approve my application and how long will a decision take to be made?
It was five years ago and you admitted your misconduct. It was dealt with appropriately at the time and to paraphrase you by having the book removed and being made to redo the they assessment again. Your application should be treated like any. Your just need to sit tight and wait for a response.

All the best...

:hello:
Hi there,

Hopefully you will be all fine, you have been honest and given details of the issue upfront. This is all you can do, and I highly doubt this will be counted against you - most criminal offences for example are 'spent' after a certain period of time and not counted against you, so surely an academic offence is much weaker so hopefully, you are treated fairly!

Good luck!

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Hi, I hope you are well.

I am in a similar boat to (applying for admission within the next year) and have only just found out that this may be an issue. I was wondering what the outcome of your application was, and how you tackled disclosing it? Or if anyone else has any advice or experience? Thank you very very much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending