The Student Room Group

Law with Humanities: Is this a qualifying law degree?

(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by agxf
Hello,

Recently, I've been looking at the courses offered by the University of Warwick. I am applying to study straight law, meaning an LLB (M100), at all of my other university options in my UCAS applications, but recently, I have come across the Law with Humanities course (MV21). As this is a BA and not an LLB course, I have seen a number of people say that this would not be a qualifying law degree, meaning that I would need to take an extra year of study for the GDL. However, the Solicitor Regulatory Authority states on its website that Law with Humanities at the University of Warwick would in fact be a qualifying law degree. I do not particularly want to take the additional year of study for the GDL, so if anyone has any additional insight or clarification on this topic, then it would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

‘A Qualifying Law Degree (known as QLD, or QD) is an undergraduate law degree that is currently recognised in England and Wales by the Solicitors Regulatory Authority (SRA) as the first stage of professional qualification which enable graduates to proceed to the vocational stage of training.’
Source: https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/law/applying/undergraduate/qd/#:~:text=A%20Qualifying%20Law%20Degree%20(known,the%20vocational%20stage%20of%20training.

‘All undergraduate degree programmes offered at Warwick Law School (other than Politics, Philosophy and Law) can currently result in a QLD. This applies to both LLB and BA awards.’
MV21 has a BA award.
yes
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 2
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending