The Student Room Group

Oxford MSc in Advanced Computer Science 2023 thread

Oxford MSc in Advanced Computer Science 2023 thread. Feel free to share here if you got an interview, update on how it went, ask questions, and raise concerns.

Scroll to see replies

Has anybody heard back? Deadline was on 6 January 2023 for entry to 2023/24. It is officially 1 month since, today, on February 7th.

I am curious if anyone had any interviews already? And if so, when?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
I have just seen on Gradcafe that someone has got an interview, so I guess they have started sending invitations this week.
(edited 1 year ago)
Link please?

Edit: https://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/?per_page=20&q=Advanced+Computer+Science+Oxford&institution=&program=&degree=Masters
Original post by ge36dal
I have just seen on Gradcafe that someone has got an interview, so I guess they have started sending invitations this week.
(edited 1 year ago)
By this time last year, people were actively being interviewed. Apart from 1 interview update, I am not seeing any activity this year.

Has anyone else heard back from the University?
Reply 5
Someone from Edinburgh Uni received an interview, reported in the Official Oxford 2023 Postgraduate Applicants Thread. I think they are sending interviews, it is just that few people report them here or on GradCafe.
Someone got an offer without an interview and posted it on GradCafe.
Reply 7
Looks like they started giving more interviews/offers this week.
International student here. I had my interview, they said offers will be sent out on march.
Reply 9
Original post by MetaCarpal
International student here. I had my interview, they said offers will be sent out on march.

Can you provide your background please? When did you apply?
Original post by ge36dal
Someone from Edinburgh Uni received an interview, reported in the Official Oxford 2023 Postgraduate Applicants Thread. I think they are sending interviews, it is just that few people report them here or on GradCafe.

I have the same feeling...
Original post by TUDelftGirlie
Someone got an offer without an interview and posted it on GradCafe.

Maybe they are taking things in chronological order? Can anybody confirm when they sent their application? I sent mine in January.

Someone reported the below on GradCafe:
Advanced Computer Science, University Of Oxford No interview. Applied last week December.
Added on February 14, 2023
Accepted on 14 Feb Fall 2023 International GPA 3.99 Masters Comments 0
(edited 1 year ago)
On the January deadline, top 4% of my class, best university of my country, research experience on 3 different subjects all related to computer science, 3 different part time jobs related to computer science and a bunch of other experiences/ projects in computer science.
On the January deadline, top 4% of my class, best university of my country, research experience on 3 different subjects all related to computer science, 3 different part time jobs related to computer science and a bunch of other experiences/ projects in computer science.

What country of origin was the university?

Hi, Congratulations on the interview. Hope you get a positive response soon!

Do you mind telling how the interview was? The kind of questions asked, duration etc.
Original post by PAC_theory
I have the same feeling...

Maybe they are taking things in chronological order? Can anybody confirm when they sent their application? I sent mine in January.

In that case, maybe I should mentally start preparing myself for unwelcomed news.

I applied on the last day i.e 6th Jan
Original post by PAC_theory
What country of origin was the university?

I prefer not to say that, sorry
Reply 16
Quite a few people reported receiving an offer without an interview on Gradcafe. Interestingly, all of them have studied outside the UK/ internationally.
Original post by ge36dal
Quite a few people reported receiving an offer without an interview on Gradcafe. Interestingly, all of them have studied outside the UK/ internationally.

I have a feeling the department is in need of funds... But I don't know why we are holding to a higher account UK grads, then? Asking for "minimum a first class" when most degrees from outside the UK have GPAs of thresholds that often do not qualify for a first class.
Original post by A_Paradox
In that case, maybe I should mentally start preparing myself for unwelcomed news.

I applied on the last day i.e 6th Jan

You don't know that, don't say that.
Has anyone else heard back on interviews / acceptances? Nothing new on gradcafe as far as I'm aware

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending