The Student Room Group

MSc Cybersecurity

I am planning to pursue cybersecurity masters from UK and I have shortlisted Greenwich University, University of Hertfordshire, Coventry University.
Are these universities a good choice or should I look for any other university
Original post by Student29_1
I am planning to pursue cybersecurity masters from UK and I have shortlisted Greenwich University, University of Hertfordshire, Coventry University.
Hi @Student29_1 ,
Great to hear you're considering our MSc Cyber Security 🙂
Here at Herts, we provide the right environment and resources for you to achieve your ambitions. We're a campus uni just 25 minutes north of London, meaning you get the best of both worlds in terms of student experience and the opportunities open to you. We might be biased, but here a few facts that show why Herts is a great choice for your postgraduate studies:

We're ranked 2nd overall and 3rd for computer science in the UK in the latest Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey (PTES, Advance HE, 2023), reflecting the quality and experience of our provision

90% of our computer science research is ranked as world-leading in the most recent Research Excellence Framework (REF, 2021)

You have an optional one-year industry placement on the Cyber Security course, giving you invaluable experience and connections to boost your career path

You would learn in our brand new School of Physics, Engineering and Computer Science (aka Spectra), opening later this year - this incredible facility will provide experiential learning as well as high tech computer labs and more

Have you been to any of our postgrad open events? We run these online and the next one is coming up in March - this would be a great way for you to talk directly to the course leader and find out more: you can book here.

Hope this helps but please let me know if you have any specific questions.

All the best,
Gaynor
Marketing and Communications
Original post by Student29_1
Hello, @Student29_1
It's wonderful to know you're thinking about our MSc in Cyber Security.
With its excellent teaching standards and active campus life, the University of Hertfordshire is a great option for postgraduate students seeking an MSc in Cyber Security. Herts is well known for its dedication to offering top-notch education, and its curriculum was created in conjunction with professionals in the field to guarantee its applicability and relevance in the quickly developing field of cybersecurity. Beyond the classroom, Herts provides a warm, friendly campus environment that encourages development on both a personal and professional level. There are many options for students to participate in social, cultural, and recreational activities thanks to the large variety of student organisations, societies, events, and workshops. Herts offers a welcoming environment where students can engage in many activities like as joining a cybersecurity-focused group, going to networking events with professionals in the industry.
I wish you luck in choosing your university and hope to see you in Hertfordshire.
Hope this helps please let me know if you have any specific questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending