The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Which collages have 40 week lets?

I recently finally decided on my top 5 accommodation in halls first year for York that I will put down. But when adding up all the prices I realized I completely overlooked that a 44 week let obviously adds a lot to the price compared to 40. I live somewhat south (2 hours on a train) but have no worries in coming back home during the holidays.

It has annoyed me as some of my favorites only offer 44 weeks. What are the pro's of 44 weeks for a Home Student? And what collages offer 40 week lets?
Hi there,

It's great to hear that you're hopefully coming to York in September!

The main benefit of having a 44-week let is the convenience of having overlap with your tenancy for your second-year house. I personally had a 40-week let in my first-year, and was without somewhere to live in York for a couple of nights - this wasn't a problem for me as I could stay with family who only lived an hour away from York, and I was able to store my belongings with Inner Space Stations in York for a few days.

The other benefit of having a 44-week let is getting to spend some time in York at the start of the summer, without any studying pressures!

The following colleges offer 40-week lets:
- Alcuin
- Halifax
- Vanbrugh
- Derwent
- James

You can compare rooms based on price, let-length, catering-type and bathroom type on this website.

I hope this helps! - Hannah :smile:
University of York
York

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending