The Student Room Group

chronic fatigue

24F, 5 FT 5, 9 STONE 2, BRITISH, INDIAN
It's a struggle to get through each day when you're constantly feeling exhausted. Imagine not sleeping for 24 hours, and then doubling that feeling. That's how I feel every day. I've been to the doctor and have been given sleeping pills, but they just make me feel even worse. I've tried taking supplements like Relora, Ashwagandha, and Seriphos, but after three weeks of use, I haven't seen any improvement. During the day, I feel like a zombie, but surprisingly, at night, after 7 pm, I suddenly get a burst of energy and am able to get things done. I don't know what to tell my doctor anymore. I'm at my wits' end and it's extremely frustrating. All I can do is lay in bed feeling weak, tired, and lacking any energy. I've been taking Fluoxetine since August 2022, but since January, the effects seem to have worn off. I have a scheduled call with my doctor to discuss changing my medication. If anyone has gone through similar experiences or has any advice, I would love to hear it.
has your doctor done blood tests?
Do you have any other symptoms?
There are some elements here that link in with ADHD.
My daughter suffers from this.
She literally would be unable to sleep at night with her mind being wide awake.
She would lack energy earlier in the day but become wake at night with a rush of energy.
Such a lack of sleep constantly would be really detrimental to your health.
You can be prescribed melatonin to help get you to sleep but only a consultant can do this.
You can be referred to a sleep clinic to investigate your sleep patterns to try to find the root cause of this.
Have you also had this problem?
It is also worth asking for blood tests at your GP to determine possible causes of fatigue such as low iron, vitamin D etc.
You could also visit Holland and Barrett in person or online and try some magnesium supplements as this is a common deficiency which causes fatigue.
Reply 3
I'm really sorry to hear that you're going through such a challenging time. It's great that you're seeking help from your doctor, and discussing a potential change in medication is a positive step. Fatigue and sleep disturbances can be complex issues, and it's important to work closely with your healthcare provider to find the right solution for you.

In the meantime, you might want to consider incorporating some lifestyle changes to help improve your energy levels. Simple things like maintaining a regular sleep schedule, staying active during the day, and managing stress through relaxation techniques can make a difference. Additionally, keeping a journal to track your symptoms and when they occur might provide more insight for your doctor.

Remember, you're not alone in dealing with these challenges, and there's support available. Reach out to friends and family for emotional support, and consider joining online communities or support groups where you can connect with others who may have experienced similar issues. Your journey to better health may take time, but with the right medical guidance and self-care, improvements are possible.
Reply 4
I think you need proper consultation from a qualified physician for better advice and recommendation ..

Quick Reply

Latest