The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ollie
Anyone with suggestions about how to improve TSR, and the way it is moderated is free to PM me as of now. Anything goes. How can TSR be made better in all respects.

I will then pick out the good ones and put it to the other mods.

Feel free to add suggestions in here too. Try not to go off topic and argue too much. I'll have to read it all.

I've had a few suggestions. Thanks for those. Keep them coming, anything really, moderation tactics, layout functions etc...
Reply 2
a new warning for those blatently taking the piss to get warned.

instantaneous ban would suffice. kthx
Reply 3
How about instead of a thread and pm's, why don't you have a forum for this.

When configuring permissions just select no under "can view others threads" then all everyone can get feedback on their own ideas from all the mods.
Reply 4
Moncal
How about instead of a thread and pm's, why don't you have a forum for this.

When configuring permissions just select no under "can view others threads" then all everyone can get feedback on their own ideas from all the mods.

Well thanks for the vB tip :rolleyes:

I want other peoples info aswell.
Reply 5
Ollie
Feel free to add suggestions in here too. Try not to go off topic and argue too much. I'll have to read it all.

I've had a few suggestions. Thanks for those. Keep them coming, anything really, moderation tactics, layout functions etc...

I would appreciate some clarification on abuse of the reputation system.
Reply 6
Ollie
Well thanks for the vB tip :rolleyes:

I want other peoples info aswell.

Sorry if you misunderstood my post.

You would only select no under members, guests, banned, and subs.
This would allow all mods and admins to view the threads and allow the thread starter to see what the whole mod team thinks about it.
Reply 7
Moncal
Sorry if you misunderstood my post.

You would only select no under members, guests, banned, and subs.
This would allow all mods and admins to view the threads and allow the thread starter to see what the whole mod team thinks about it.

Yeah I know what you meant and I'm pretty handy with the admin cp too :smile:

I want the members feedback.
Can something be done regarding the Academic subforums - there are no places for university or degree level questions to be posted (ie only secondary school subforums)

there was a discussion on this a week or 2 ago I remember
lame
Can something be done regarding the Academic subforums - there are no places for university or degree level questions to be posted (ie only secondary school subforums)

there was a discussion on this a week or 2 ago I remember

There was:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t85850.html
is anything being discussed or done, behind the scenes mayb?
lame
is anything being discussed or done, behind the scenes mayb?

PQ said it was being discussed in the mod forum.
Golden Maverick
PQ said it was being discussed in the mod forum.

cheers.

Any update mods?
Reply 13
There has been mod discussion and quite a consensus. I expect Ollie would like to hear your suggestions to add to what we already have so we can poll the ideas and pick the best to put into place.
Reply 14
Non-mod member council, with council members being allowed to partake in discussions in the mod forum.
Reply 15
Zapsta
Non-mod member council, with council members being allowed to partake in discussions in the mod forum.

Sorry, there is no way the mod forum is being opened up.

What would this council do that doesn't exist already? I'm trying to feild your comments.
Reply 16
Ollie
Sorry, there is no way the mod forum is being opened up.

What would this council do that doesn't exist already? I'm trying to feild your comments.

But it's always going to be difficult for you argue members' points of view, especially if you don't agree with them yourself. If discussions are going to move into the mod forum, the mods are always going to have the upper hand in what decision is made. How about another forum for member council discussion, where the only mods to have access are you and Richard? Then when it comes for decision time on an issue, the member council nominates a council member to be given temporary access to the mod forum to enter the final stage of discussion? It would even work without the member council forum, where a member of the council is nominated via a discussion in the About forum.
Reply 17
Zapsta
But it's always going to be difficult for you argue members points of view, especially if you don't agree with them yourself. If discussions are going to move into the mod forum, the mods are always going to have the upper hand in what decision is made. How about another forum for member council discussion, where the only mods to have access are you and Richard? Then when it comes for decision time on an issue, the member council nominates a council member to be given temporary access to the mod forum to enter the final stage of discussion? It would even work without the member council forum, where a member of the council is nominated via a discussion in the About forum.

Sounds like a nice idea.
Reply 18

Represent the non-moderation majority of the forum.
Reply 19
Zapsta

And it would have me on it.

And how about merging back some of the subforums where nobody goes? I just hate it when someone starts a good thread in GC, and it gets magically removed to some obscure forum where no-one is ever going to visit.

Latest

Trending

Trending