The Student Room Group

Is there a way to call the Government Recruitment Service?

Hi everyone! I made a potential mistake when submitting my pre-employment checks form. Is there a way to call the Government Recruitment Service to get this fixed? I have been given an email address (DWP recruitment team in the Government Recruitment Service) to contact them but would prefer to call as that could be faster / honestly not sure how much they check these emails.
Reply 1
Original post by yentl217
Hi everyone! I made a potential mistake when submitting my pre-employment checks form. Is there a way to call the Government Recruitment Service to get this fixed? I have been given an email address (DWP recruitment team in the Government Recruitment Service) to contact them but would prefer to call as that could be faster / honestly not sure how much they check these emails.

Use the online chat when u log in to your application. They will be able to help you
Reply 2
Original post by Camilla12
Use the online chat when u log in to your application. They will be able to help you

Hey there, thanks so much for this suggestion! Can you tell me how to find this online chat? I can’t seem to see anything like that in my Civil Service Jobs portal…
Reply 3
Hey there, thanks so much for this suggestion! Can you tell me how to find this online chat? I can’t seem to see anything like that in my Civil Service Jobs portal…

Hi, if u log into your portal u should see a red box that says let's chat. Click onto that then follow the instructions, click on "help with application" and it will put u through to an advisor. U will need your application ID numbers. I think it's only available from a 9-5 but they should be able to help you
Reply 4
Hi, if u log into your portal u should see a red box that says let's chat. Click onto that then follow the instructions, click on "help with application" and it will put u through to an advisor. U will need your application ID numbers. I think it's only available from a 9-5 but they should be able to help you

Hey there! Thank you so much for the advice! I’ve logged into my portal but can’t find the red box you are talking about :frown:. Are we both talking about the Civil Service Jobs portal (https://www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/csr/index.cgi )? I’m really sorry to hassle you like this, but could I possibly trouble you for a couple screenshots?
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 5
Hey there! Thank you so much for the advice! I’ve logged into my portal but can’t find the red box you are talking about :frown:. Are we both talking about the Civil Service Jobs portal (https://www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/csr/index.cgi )? I’m really sorry to hassle you like this, but could I possibly trouble you for a couple screenshots?

Lol its no hassle! What job have u applied for? Is it for a dwp position?
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 6
Lol its no hassle! What job have u applied for? Is it for a dwp position?

It’s a data analysis placement in the DWP… the application process itself all went via email and Microsoft Teams but after I got a provisional offer they set me up with an account on Civil Service Jobs to do the pre-employment checks.

Thanks so much! If you can send me a couple screenshots for how to find the red online chat box I’d be ever so grateful!
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 7
It’s a data analysis placement in the DWP… the application process itself all went via email and Microsoft Teams but after I got a provisional offer they set me up with an account on Civil Service Jobs to do the pre-employment checks.

Thanks so much! If you can send me a couple screenshots for how to find the red online chat box I’d be ever so grateful!

Ah your using a different dwp login site to me sorry 😔 Isn't there any contact details on the bottom of your provisional offer email? If not I would definitely send them an email, they will respond usually within 24 hrs. Also the team that do the pre employment checks will contact u if there's anything wrong/missing on your application. They can be slow but are very helpful. Good Luck 🤞

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending