The Student Room Group

Which Credit card for students?

I am currently a full time student just doing agency jobs during the holidays, do you need a solid income and employment for all credit credit cards? I cannot apply for the HSBC student credit card as my student account is with Santander
Original post by Anonymous162223
I am currently a full time student just doing agency jobs during the holidays, do you need a solid income and employment for all credit credit cards?

What do you mean by a "solid income"?

Any lender is going to want you to have an income -- though that need not be through employment. I would imagine they'd expect this to be a regular income, even if it varies over time. Just having holiday jobs might not be enough.

It would be worth you checking through the eligibility criteria for various cards. Some lenders provide an online eligibility checker that won't affect your credit rating.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous162223
I am currently a full time student just doing agency jobs during the holidays, do you need a solid income and employment for all credit credit cards? I cannot apply for the HSBC student credit card as my student account is with Santander

Daughter tried last year to get one, the solution has been to move her student bank account to HSBC. Credit card was approved at the same time as opneing her student account. The student account she had with her other bank has been changed to a regular account, she had no overdraft. Process was done in a day by her calling her old bank and visiting HSBC in person.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending