The Student Room Group

A-levels for PPE at Oxford

Hi,

I am a y11 student looking to apply to Oxford for PPE. Just for some context, I am studying history, economics, French and music aside from the essentials and I have been predicted all 9s.

I told my school I'd study maths, further maths, history and politics for A-level, however after some research I have discovered that politics is considered a "soft" A-level and was wondering if I would be better off doing economics, or even English lit, as more respected "heavyweight" subjects. I enjoy all three of these subjects, but politics does interest me the most. I can still change my choices if I tell the school soon enough.

Also Further maths may seem a bit odd but I would rather have it for the LSE offer and flexibility.

Thanks for reading and and advice would be appreciated
I don't think FM is odd for PPE. I'm sure someone can link to hard data, but from recollection it was pretty common.
Original post by dgho06
Hi,

I am a y11 student looking to apply to Oxford for PPE. Just for some context, I am studying history, economics, French and music aside from the essentials and I have been predicted all 9s.

I told my school I'd study maths, further maths, history and politics for A-level, however after some research I have discovered that politics is considered a "soft" A-level and was wondering if I would be better off doing economics, or even English lit, as more respected "heavyweight" subjects. I enjoy all three of these subjects, but politics does interest me the most. I can still change my choices if I tell the school soon enough.

Also Further maths may seem a bit odd but I would rather have it for the LSE offer and flexibility.

Thanks for reading and and advice would be appreciated

Those A levels are very standard for PPE, they're not 'soft' subjects. The important thing is that you're good at them, and find them interesting enough to study for 2 years.
Reply 3
Original post by emilyalexandria
Those A levels are very standard for PPE, they're not 'soft' subjects. The important thing is that you're good at them, and find them interesting enough to study for 2 years.

Thanks, yh I like them all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending