The Student Room Group

Final year assessment grade help

I've received my overall assessment grades, and I am in genuine shock and I am truly upset. For one of the assessments it has TBC/ held written next to it, and for my overall grade hasn't been awarded as it says I have been referred to the next assessment period, and I truly don't understand why. I looked on the university website and it says that this may be due to academic misconduct. I'm genuinely in disbelief, because this is out of my character, I haven't had a blemish on my record in the past three years, and my grades have been good, and these are grades that I've worked for wholeheartedly. The fact that I haven't been awarded a grade is such a blow and I'm so confused with what to do. If anyone has gone through anything like this or knows what to do, I would appreciate it.

Thank you.
Reply 1
Could it be being held back because the marker is taking part in the marking boycott? Can you check?
Reply 2
Ok so if it turns out to be possible academic misconduct, remember that it is only suspected at this stage, an investigation will be carried out. You should use the time to get up to speed with the academic misconduct procedure and have a look at the assessment to see if you can work our what the "issue" might be, eg did you run an originality check, was the referencing watertight, etc.
Reply 3
it was a 2 hour online exam, and there was no way of cheating I was so pressed for time there was no chance for me to even change tabs during it!
Original post by cheadle
Ok so if it turns out to be possible academic misconduct, remember that it is only suspected at this stage, an investigation will be carried out. You should use the time to get up to speed with the academic misconduct procedure and have a look at the assessment to see if you can work our what the "issue" might be, eg did you run an originality check, was the referencing watertight, etc.
Reply 4
Ah ok, thanks for explaining. Bit strange. What was the form of the exam?

So you could start by contacting the module leader to see if they can explain why the mark has been withheld.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending