The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Pending results on my EMA

Hi,
I'm not sure what I can do about my pending result.

I submitted my final EMA in June and received a pending result on 19th July. I was told to wait 6 more weeks and I will receive my final result.

It is now November and my result is still pending.

Calls after calls after calls to Open university asking why is it taking so long to process my EMA? The answer I get is the same every time, its getting sorted, please be patient.

The deadline to re-submit my EMA on my old course has passed as I can only resubmit once I have been referred by the examination board.

Is anyone else going through a long pending process for their results? That has taken 5 months, so far?
i received a pending result on Monday and I am already sick with worry. I really do hope that you get an answer soon.Have you attempted to contact your tutor?
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by corrinacarnochan
i received a pending result on Monday and I am already sick with worry. I really do hope that you get an answer soon.Have you attempted to contact your tutor?

I’m sorry to hear you have received a pending result. The process should take no more than 6 weeks.
I did contact my tutor a few months back, he could not so anything as it’s down to the examination board, but I think I will contact him again.
I respect that a reasonable amount of time should be given to mark an EMA, however, 5 months to mark a paper is excessive and doesn’t feel right.
There are a lot of students in this situation, I'm afraid. My result was also pended, and pleas for information as to why fell on deaf ears. Eventually I got exasperated enough to put in a complaint via the OU's internal system. That shook loose the information that I was under investigation for academic misconduct -- something they could have told me back in July. I submitted a defence but I'm still waiting to hear from them.

Apparently there have been record numbers of false misconduct allegations this year, which is jamming everything up. It's infuriating.
I am in the same boat. Not surprised about FALSE MISCONDUCT allegations. I am however so happy to see this thread. It looks like a wait and see...
Exactly the same thing has happened to me - Exactly a year later. Now been waiting 17 weeks. Pleas for information fobbed off, with a unprecedented number of investigations, be patient non sense.
Am in the same boat getting investigated for plagiarism for my EMA, been waiting weeks and weeks still nothing and no body can tell me anything on the phone, I have to wait for a ACO to contact me to see if any action is required. Also supposed to be starting my new module in October.

Quick Reply

Latest