The Student Room Group

A233 Telling stories the novel and beyond Open university

I’ll start A233 and A215 in October, anyone that could give me an honest review about your experience on these modules?
Do you recommend to read A233 set books in advance?
Original post by bealsf10
I’ll start A233 and A215 in October, anyone that could give me an honest review about your experience on these modules?
Do you recommend to read A233 set books in advance?

Wishing you lots of luck with your upcoming modules, I am also starting A233 in October and plan to at least skim read some of the books in advance - It would be helpful to know which order we’ll be studying them - Hopefully the module site will open with plenty of time to plan! 😕

I studied A215 last year and thoroughly enjoyed it, if you’re able to, I’d recommend going through the textbook in advance if you can just to get a feel for the activities and the readings in the back of the book :smile: If you have any specific questions about the module I’d be happy to try and help!
Hey!

I was doing some snooping around on the OU website and it looks like the books are in the following order:

Part 1 - Realism: 'Far From The Madding Crowd' - 'The Custom of the Country' - 'Hotel World' - 'Undertones of War' and then 'The God of Small Things' followed by the book club novel.

Part 2- The Fantastic: Perrault, Grimm, Andersen and 'The Bloody Chamber' - 'Sir Gawain and the Green Knight' - 'Stardust' - 'The Dispossessed' and then 'The Tempest'

Just thought it might be helpful for anyone who hasn't been able to find it so far... :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending