The Student Room Group

University for architecture

So applied to 5 universities for architecture (UCL, Manchester, Cardiff, Birmingham city and Westminster) with a grade of ABC predicted.

I got rejected by both UCL and Machester and got an offer from the rest. I was really looking to got to UCL or just a better uni preferably in London so what should I do? Reapply the next year, clearing going to the unis I have left?

Thanks guys.
Architecture is mega competitive, and with a C grade prediction you were never going to get an offer from UCL or Manchester.

Firm Cardiff and work hard for the offer grades. Its a good Uni and the degree wont disappoint.
BCU and Westminster are a waste of time and ££ for Architecture - dont even bother with them as an Insurance.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Architecture is mega competitive, and with a C grade prediction you were never going to get an offer from UCL or Manchester.

Firm Cardiff and work hard for the offer grades. Its a good Uni and the degree wont disappoint.
BCU and Westminster are a waste of time and ££ for Architecture - dont even bother with them as an Insurance.

Thank you for your response. Would you recommend any other options, such as an apprenticeship? I will definitely be putting Cardiff as my firm, not sure about my insure.

I've also seen some similarities in what I want in civil engineering is there any options in that as well?

Once again, thanks.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Dark_14

I've also seen some similarities in what I want in civil engineering is there any options in that as well?

Also look at Structural / Architectural Engineering - https://www.whatuni.com/degree-courses/search?subject=structural-engineering
Original post by McGinger

hi do you think kent and kingston is a bad uni to study architecture at?
Original post by alevelstudent743
Hi @alevelstudent743

If you are considering Kingston for architecture then I would really recommend it! Kingston University is ranked top 5 in London for Architecture (The Guardian University Guide League Tables 2024). While I don't study architecture, I have friends that do and really recommend it.

Being part of the Kingston School of Art is also a plus to the course as you will have free and open access to all of our workshop facilities which consist of metal welding, woodwork, ceramics, book making, digital, film, animation and many more! To find out more about these facilities you can follow this link to our website: https://www.kingston.ac.uk/faculties/kingston-school-of-art/about/facilities/3d-materials-workshop/

As well as the course, you should consider the location of the universities. Kingston and Surbiton are great locations to live in. Being on the outskirts of London, you have all the shops you could need, restaurants and pubs in a quieter setting before hopping on the 17 min train into busier central London.

I would recommend joining us on one of our open days to help you decide. You will have access to architecture students and lecturers to talk to, view the facilities in an in depth tour and be able to visit the town to see if it fits your criteria!

I really hope this has helped- please let me know if you have any questions!

-Yasmin (Kingston Rep)
Reply 6
Original post by alevelstudent743
both are fine, put the work in and you'll be rewarded regardless of where you study. the name of the uni barely matters for architecture, it's all about your portfolio. therefore, be prepared to do a LOT of independent learning outside of lectures - and make sure you learn how to use autocad and revit as soon as you can.
Reply 7
Original post by Dark_14
So applied to 5 universities for architecture (UCL, Manchester, Cardiff, Birmingham city and Westminster) with a grade of ABC predicted.

I got rejected by both UCL and Machester and got an offer from the rest. I was really looking to got to UCL or just a better uni preferably in London so what should I do? Reapply the next year, clearing going to the unis I have left?

Thanks guys.
hey, if you don't like any of the unis u applied for, maybe apply next year? i mean its fully up to you! i know cardiff is a beautiful university and is ranked high on the leaderboard for uk unis for architecture, i also applied there and got in! i recommend if you haven't going for an offer holder day? it is a beautiful city and it is cheaper than expected!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending