The Student Room Group

Funding Wales MSC physician associate

Hi,
I’m very confused by the NHS Wales system so I understand that a bursary is offered to pay for the tuition fee for the degree. But as for the maintenance fees I understand NHS Wales provide 1000 non means tested Buddah and means tested bursary of around £5000. Does that mean you can both the non means tested and mean tested bursary if you qualify for the means tested bursary. Also I’m confused about Student finance England because I understand you can apply for funding at a reduced rate from student finance England of around £5000 also but Swansea university have mentioned those apply for pre reg msc courses are not accepted on the reduced rate of Student Finance England. It’s all very confusing and if that is the case of funding then howwww do people survive the two year intense Msc with cost of living sky rocketing??
Original post by Pudsxox
Hi,
I’m very confused by the NHS Wales system so I understand that a bursary is offered to pay for the tuition fee for the degree. But as for the maintenance fees I understand NHS Wales provide 1000 non means tested Buddah and means tested bursary of around £5000. Does that mean you can both the non means tested and mean tested bursary if you qualify for the means tested bursary. Also I’m confused about Student finance England because I understand you can apply for funding at a reduced rate from student finance England of around £5000 also but Swansea university have mentioned those apply for pre reg msc courses are not accepted on the reduced rate of Student Finance England. It’s all very confusing and if that is the case of funding then howwww do people survive the two year intense Msc with cost of living sky rocketing??

Hi there,

Can you confirm if you're living in England or Wales currently?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

Can you confirm if you're living in England or Wales currently?

Thanks,
Claire

Hi,
I live in England.
Original post by Pudsxox
Hi,
I live in England.

Hi there, When is your course due to start? Have you discussed your NHS Bursary options with the NHS Bursary Team and your university? Thanks, Karen
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, When is your course due to start? Have you discussed your NHS Bursary options with the NHS Bursary Team and your university? Thanks, Karen

Hi,
My course begins in September 2023. The only options are the £1000 non means tested grant and the £5000 means tested grant which I understand you can get both. But would I also be eligible for the reduced rate funding from Student Finance England since I’m originally from England?
Original post by Pudsxox
Hi,
My course begins in September 2023. The only options are the £1000 non means tested grant and the £5000 means tested grant which I understand you can get both. But would I also be eligible for the reduced rate funding from Student Finance England since I’m originally from England?

Hi there, you would need to submit an application for the team to review the funding you are eligible to receive. You can submit your application for 23/24 academic year now. Once this has been reviewed the team will confirm the funding you are entitled to receive. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending