The Student Room Group

Medicine 2024 entry for resit / retake / gap year applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by KA_P
I recommend emailing several UK medical schools that you may plan on applying to, to ensure they do not have any policies that hinder your application to a UK medical school due to having enrolled on another medical course but highlight that the course had not yet begun.

Are you an international student or UK student? Also, what's making you change your decision to study in Europe?

Thank you.. I am International applicant..Additioanl language during clinical practise is the issue in see in Europe..
Have you seen any policies so far that prevent the applicant apply to uni in this case. My current enrollment is not completed yet because my Year 12 result is not come yet. And more over I will cancel the current enrollment in a month if I decide to take a gap year.
Original post by ssivaraman
Thank you.. I am International applicant..Additioanl language during clinical practise is the issue in see in Europe..
Have you seen any policies so far that prevent the applicant apply to uni in this case. My current enrollment is not completed yet because my Year 12 result is not come yet. And more over I will cancel the current enrollment in a month if I decide to take a gap year.

That makes sense :smile:

I'm sure it will be fine since you haven't started the course yet, if you're still worried email a UK medical school you would plan on applying to, to be completely sure.

The policy I was aware of would be for if you've started the course already I think.
Still on the ARU waiting list, but I've just reapplied for access arrangements again for the UCAT. Looks like it's another thrilling summer of UCAT prep ahead. Not even too sure that I'm going to get an A in chemistry so might end up doing something else instead, as I can't face resitting chemistry. Would love to be friends with some of you guys on here seeing as we're all in this together :smile:
If i'm retaking the UCAT because I'm a reapplicant, do I have to make another UCAT account?
Original post by melonlord.xx
If i'm retaking the UCAT because I'm a reapplicant, do I have to make another UCAT account?

No you just log back on. If you have access arrangements then you have to reapply
Reply 65
Original post by katyasummerfield
which European University did you apply for? I am thinking of going down a similar route due to this years rejections but do not want to make the wrong choice

Humanitas in Italy.. also considering to take Imat
Original post by katyasummerfield
Hi, I'm a 2023 medicine reject, just received all my rejections. I was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat, and if so what are you going to do? I don't really think that a gap year is for me- my UCAT was top 10% and I had a good amount of volunteering. I got 3 interviews so I assume that the interview performance itself was my downfall. I just don't know where to go to get into medicine now? Abroad (Latvia etc) seems to only do medicine if you do biology A-level too, which I do not. Graduate medicine is more competitive to get in to, and I am just really lost as to where to go with my application from here. Any any any comments would be greatly appreciated.

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm planning on re taking my IB exams in November and taking a gap year. I have read some successful gap year stories for medicine nd am feeling good bout this decision.
Original post by Faisal101
Hopefully it sways you in favour of taking a gap year yourself! That’s the only reason why I posted it

I'm so inspired your journey. I am taking a gap year this year (applying in for 2024 medicine) and was wondering what qualifications/grades should I put in my ucas application to med schools in October since I am re taking my exams in November? I just graduated from highschool with an IB diploma btw. Thanxx
Original post by agent--maxx
I'm so inspired your journey. I am taking a gap year this year (applying in for 2024 medicine) and was wondering what qualifications/grades should I put in my ucas application to med schools in October since I am re taking my exams in November? I just graduated from highschool with an IB diploma btw. Thanxx

@medic0975 will probably know better than me. She’s a resit applicant too
Reply 69
Didn't think I would be in this thread after getting two offers this year from Edinburgh and Imperial. :frown: But, I got ill just before and during my exams so had to miss three exams and even in the exams I did, I was in pain so missed most questions. Edinburgh offered me a deferral and said don't do the exams, but me being the idiot I am hoped it would get better so said I would do the exams, but now rightfully so they're saying because I said I will do the exams, they won't let me defer as they don't allow resits of A-levels. Imperial said they will consider it based on my medical evidence, which I am sending them this week so hopefully that works! I have also decided to apply to Oxford, so I will be sitting the BMAT. I will apply to Oxford, even if Imperial defer the offer. I love the tutorial system, and I kind of like the idea of essays aha. I hope everything works out for you all too!
Reply 70
Original post by Mentor05
Didn't think I would be in this thread after getting two offers this year from Edinburgh and Imperial. :frown: But, I got ill just before and during my exams so had to miss three exams and even in the exams I did, I was in pain so missed most questions. Edinburgh offered me a deferral and said don't do the exams, but me being the idiot I am hoped it would get better so said I would do the exams, but now rightfully so they're saying because I said I will do the exams, they won't let me defer as they don't allow resits of A-levels. Imperial said they will consider it based on my medical evidence, which I am sending them this week so hopefully that works! I have also decided to apply to Oxford, so I will be sitting the BMAT. I will apply to Oxford, even if Imperial defer the offer. I love the tutorial system, and I kind of like the idea of essays aha. I hope everything works out for you all too!

If Imperial defer your offer, you cannot hold on to it whilst applying again - UCAS will not allow another application if you hold an offer, so to apply to Oxford, you would have to reject any other offer, and that would be silly!
Original post by Mentor05

What have I just read. Bro trying to gaslight themselves into thinking they made the right choice
Reply 72
Original post by GANFYD
If Imperial defer your offer, you cannot hold on to it whilst applying again - UCAS will not allow another application if you hold an offer, so to apply to Oxford, you would have to reject any other offer, and that would be silly!

oh my Goodness, I had no idea about this. Thanks so much for telling me, If that's the case, I will definitely not apply to Oxford. Imperial is a great med school too!

What have I just read. Bro trying to gaslight themselves into thinking they made the right choice

What do you mean?
(edited 9 months ago)
hi
i am taking a gap year and reapplying in 2024 inshallah. i used medify for my ucat last year and didnt do so well. i feel my a levels have gone well. should i use medify for ucat practice again or use medentry?
Original post by keaston123
hi
i am taking a gap year and reapplying in 2024 inshallah. i used medify for my ucat last year and didnt do so well. i feel my a levels have gone well. should i use medify for ucat practice again or use medentry?

If you use medentry they have a 10% discount AFPD-b2yhmk
(Original post by Faisal101)If you use medentry they have a 10% discount AFPD-b2yhmk

which one would be better to use if i have already used medify last year
(Original post by Faisal101)If you use medentry they have a 10% discount AFPD-b2yhmk

which one would be better to use if i have already used medify last year

They’re both fine, but Australians mostly use medentry and they get insane scores
They’re both fine, but Australians mostly use medentry and they get insane scores

what did you use
what did you use

Don’t ask too many questions big man
hi

lots of ppl do really well with medify and lots of ppl also do really well with medentry. So the results of the test is down to the person rather than which of the 2 resources they used.
If you used medify last year and feel like the scores you got were due to medify being nothing like the exam rather than you not preparing as well as you should have done then consider medentry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending