The Student Room Group

What grocery stores in your town do you never go to?

can be any
I have shopped at m&s, Waitrose, John Lewis before if it was the only option but I tend to avoid them cause they’re just unnecessarily expensive and I can get the same thing from Asda or Tesco. Plus they don’t have a wide range of stuff
I try to avoid Tesco and Sainsburys because of how expensive it has got. I only go in there for fuel now. I also avoid Lidl and Aldi because I personally find the quality of their own brand food appalling. I think it boils down to locally how convenient it is to you. I have a few options close by so I tend to mix shopping from M&S, Iceland, Coop and Asda for food.
I tend to avoid the co op. There are a few smaller co ops in the area.
Basically because they can be quite pricey. Plus they dont have everything that i want.
Reply 4
I avoid Waitrose. Too expensive.
Original post by Avreil
can be any
Tesco and Sainsburys usually because of distance but also because of how bright their lights are in store
Original post by Chronoscope
Tesco and Sainsburys usually because of distance but also because of how bright their lights are in store

By any chance has this been since a lot of their stores upgraded to LED lighting?
Original post by lildannys95
By any chance has this been since a lot of their stores upgraded to LED lighting?

Possibly as both stores are fairly new :smile: - both have those glaring bright white ones
(edited 1 year ago)
I used to use the local Co-op and Premier a lot more, but their prices have rocketed for poorer stock, +50-80% on a a lot of stuff

I think my local Premier is now supplied by Spar who are always robbers, and my Co-op have never really recovered it's stocking since Covid, always empty shelves in important places.
Original post by Avreil
can be any

iceland, aldi
Original post by Tobi22
I avoid Waitrose. Too expensive.

same its so expensive for what it is. aldi all the way

Quick Reply

Latest