The Student Room Group

Am I eligible for special support loan

Hello. I can’t find anything online about this. So I recently got accepted for enhanced mobility and daily living for pip, however my household income is over £80k. Will I be eligible for student finances special support loan and if so roughly how much? Thanks
Original post by user15041912
Hello. I can’t find anything online about this. So I recently got accepted for enhanced mobility and daily living for pip, however my household income is over £80k. Will I be eligible for student finances special support loan and if so roughly how much? Thanks

Hi there, did you indicate this when you submitted your application? Have you sent evidence of the benefits you receive for the team to review? Thanks, Karen
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, did you indicate this when you submitted your application? Have you sent evidence of the benefits you receive for the team to review? Thanks, Karen

Hello Karen,
yes I did and I am going to send my pip letter as evidence
Original post by user15041912
Hello Karen,
yes I did and I am going to send my pip letter as evidence

Once the team have reviewed your evidence they will be in contact with you if you are entitled to receive the Special Support Loan. Thanks, Karen
How much is the special support loan for? It said the grant was an extra 3k and the loan replaces the grant since 2016 however even on the . Gov website there is very little information on it

Dan
Original post by Big Gunz Beast
How much is the special support loan for? It said the grant was an extra 3k and the loan replaces the grant since 2016 however even on the . Gov website there is very little information on it

Dan

Hi Dan,

The Special Support Element of the Maintenance Loan does vary pending on the living situation and what the household income is. If you have sent your PIP evidence please allow time for it to be processed and for us to reassess the funding. Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending