The Student Room Group

A Level History Documentaries (Industrialisation & the people; Democracy & Nazism)

Hiii
I'm currently revising for my history exams in the summer and I've been finding it tricky to find specific documentaries relevant to my topics (especially industrialisation). I was wondering if anybody knew of any good documentaries I could watch for the A level AQA Topic:
1F Industrialisation and the People
2O Democracy and Nazism

Any suggestions would be really really appreciated :smile:
Hi
I don't know many documentaries on this area or anything for industrialisation but something else you could look into is listening to podcasts. personally my favourite one is The Rest is History which have hundreds of episodes on loads of different topics. in January they did a series of episodes on the rise of Nazis which may be useful for you. they've also done other nazi related episodes if you just scroll through. another podcast that may be useful would be History This Week, where you will probably find something of use to you.

Also talk to your teachers for recommendations, i'm certain they will point you in the right direction particularly for documentaries or any thing else which will help you.

Good luck in your exams!
Reply 2
Original post by tash_c1ark
Hi
I don't know many documentaries on this area or anything for industrialisation but something else you could look into is listening to podcasts. personally my favourite one is The Rest is History which have hundreds of episodes on loads of different topics. in January they did a series of episodes on the rise of Nazis which may be useful for you. they've also done other nazi related episodes if you just scroll through. another podcast that may be useful would be History This Week, where you will probably find something of use to you.

Also talk to your teachers for recommendations, i'm certain they will point you in the right direction particularly for documentaries or any thing else which will help you.

Good luck in your exams!

Thank you for the suggestions! I will definitely check out the podcasts. I reckon i might end up making revision videos for industrialisation after my exams (sadly there isn't enough time now) as there doesn't seem to be anything for it but it's such an interesting topic. Good luck if you're doing exams too! Hope you have a great day :smile:
Original post by M00nlightt
Thank you for the suggestions! I will definitely check out the podcasts. I reckon i might end up making revision videos for industrialisation after my exams (sadly there isn't enough time now) as there doesn't seem to be anything for it but it's such an interesting topic. Good luck if you're doing exams too! Hope you have a great day :smile:

yeah videos, documentaries and podcasts etc are really good passive methods of revision. so after a session of history revision watching/listening to one of these things on the topic youve just covered is really good. or if youve had a long day and are too tired (or cant be bothered, no shame) to do proper revision it is somehting that can be a substitute - however dont rely on this.

i actually did my A levels last year but the night before my 2nd history exam i watched a documentary that was on TV that related to the topic. it wasnt super connected to what was in the exam paper but it helps consolidate what you do know.
Reply 4
Original post by tash_c1ark
yeah videos, documentaries and podcasts etc are really good passive methods of revision. so after a session of history revision watching/listening to one of these things on the topic youve just covered is really good. or if youve had a long day and are too tired (or cant be bothered, no shame) to do proper revision it is somehting that can be a substitute - however dont rely on this.

i actually did my A levels last year but the night before my 2nd history exam i watched a documentary that was on TV that related to the topic. it wasnt super connected to what was in the exam paper but it helps consolidate what you do know.

Yeah I find it the best after I've revised that section to watch something and then almost predict what's going to happen next or write more stuff down that I remember (a little like a blurt) after something's been mentioned, or even try to put together an essay argument throughout watching - I have a tendency to over-do revision so sitting back and just passively revising can be good sometimes.
I'm almost jealous that it's all over for you haha, I can't wait until my final exams over.

Thank you for all your advice - it honestly means a lot and really helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending