The Student Room Group

History NEA question for the coursework

As a private candidate I am interested in sitting AQA History A-Level next year, I have an exam centre already organised, but have a question regarding the NEA.

I am interested, for the historical investigation, in studying the Russian or French Revolution. My breadth study is The Tudors: England, 1485–1603 and depth study Democracy and Nazism: Germany, 1918–1945. I understand that the study topics must be for at least 100 years, would either the Russian or French Revolution be possible choices for the NEA.
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by Millieliddle3
As a private candidate I am interested in sitting AQA History A-Level next year, I have an exam centre already organised, but have a question regarding the NEA.

I am interested, for the historical investigation, in studying the Russian or French Revolution. My breadth study is The Tudors: England, 1485–1603 and depth study Democracy and Nazism: Germany, 1918–1945. I understand that the study topics must be for at least 200 years, would either the Russian or French Revolution be possible choices for the NEA.

*Approximately 100 years.

https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/history/as-and-a-level/history-7041-7042/subject-content/component-3-historical-investigation-non-exam-assessment-a-level-only
Reply 2
Thanks, I think I mistook the -'all three components together cover a chronological range of at least 200 years'- for being just about the NEA, but that makes much more sense.

Would the Russian or French Revolution be possible alongside my chosen depth and breath topics?

Reply 3
yes i think both nations have a great history behind them either of them can produce the desired outcome
Original post by Millieliddle3
Thanks, I think I mistook the -'all three components together cover a chronological range of at least 200 years'- for being just about the NEA, but that makes much more sense.

Would the Russian or French Revolution be possible alongside my chosen depth and breath topics?

Yes either should work fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending