The Student Room Group

How can I send PM's on TSR as a new member?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Evil Homer
UK time :smile:

Thanks for confirming.
Reply 21
Original post by DataVenia
Thanks for confirming.

Thank you for the information.
Reply 22
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Yep, forums are the areas where you can start a new discussion or find current discussions :biggrin: This discussion is in the help and announcements forum, as you can see in the breadcrumb above the post! I hope that helps :smile:

By replying to this will my account unlock so I can send a PM tomorrow or do I need to make up a question and post it? Thanks!
Original post by Jmoscow
By replying to this will my account unlock so I can send a PM tomorrow or do I need to make up a question and post it? Thanks!

Please see the information in the original post of this thread which says:

"Your ability to send private messages will turn itself on once you’ve made at least two posts in the forum and been a member for three days."

It looks like you've only made one post so you'll need to post again, e.g. by replying to my reply! I hope that helps :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by BurstingBubbles
Please see the information in the original post of this thread which says:

"Your ability to send private messages will turn itself on once you’ve made at least two posts in the forum and been a member for three days."

It looks like you've only made one post so you'll need to post again, e.g. by replying to my reply! I hope that helps :smile:

Thank you very much!
submitting reply
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Hi! :wavey:

Looking to send a PM? We like to get to know you a little better before you’re able to send private messages on TSR. This is to protect both you and our community. When you are able to PM, remember to be safe and report any messages you aren’t comfortable with. You can read more about staying safe on TSR and how to report here.

So, how do I send a PM?

Easy - get involved in the community!

Your ability to send private messages will turn itself on once you’ve made at least two posts in the forum and been a member for three days.

Your ability to PM will update at midnight after your third day of membership, or after your second post, whichever comes later/

Ready to get started? There’s loads of super helpful and lovely people on TSR, so go say hello or ask for help in the forums and there’ll be friendly faces to welcome you.

You can find our full forum list here!

:woo:

Ah, that helps a lot! Thank you!
(edited 4 months ago)
I’ve been a member for weeks now still can’t message it says I have to be active for 48 hours does that mean 48 hours on the app ? 🤯
Original post by academic.warrior
I’ve been a member for weeks now still can’t message it says I have to be active for 48 hours does that mean 48 hours on the app ? 🤯

Your second post was only a few hours ago.

You’ll need to wait up to 24hrs for it to register.
Original post by hanaaaaaa
I keep on seeing this message:
Oh!... Your profile isn’t quite ready to send private messages on The Student Room
We like to get to know you a little better before you’re able to send private messages on TSR. This is to protect both you and our community. When you are able to PM, remember to be safe and report any messages you aren’t comfortable with. You can read more about staying safe on TSR and how to report here, or find out helpful advice about staying safe on the internet over at The UK Safer Internet Centre.
How to send a PM
Easy - get involved in the community! There’s loads of super helpful and lovely people on TSR, so go say hello or ask for help in the forums and there’ll be friendly faces to welcome you. Your ability to send private messages will turn itself on once you’ve made at least two posts in the forum, and been a member for three days.
Idk what I am doing wrong bc nothing works😐
I'm waiting for the same thing!
Original post by The Falfster
I'm waiting for the same thing!

You should be good in about 30 minutes. (As the right to PM is granted at midnight.)
Reply 31
You should be good in about 30 minutes. (As the right to PM is granted at midnight.)
Makes sense. Thank you. Needed this s as well
Hey, should I be ready to PM by midnight? :smile:
Original post by kanken123
Hey, should I be ready to PM by midnight? :smile:

You should indeed. (You met the 3 days rule a few years ago(!) and the 2 posts rule about 5 hours ago.)
You should indeed. (You met the 3 days rule a few years ago(!) and the 2 posts rule about 5 hours ago.)

Thank you for your help!
Still not working
Just clocked this page been created 54 years ago 💀 thats deep.
Original post by academic.warrior
Just clocked this page been created 54 years ago 💀 thats deep.

Haha that's a strange bug that happens occasionally, pretty sure this was made within the past year or two :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending