The Student Room Group

how do you send private messages on here

look im not leaving you on seeen I just dont know how to reply to private messages this app is to complicated
Original post by Paulette-
look im not leaving you on seeen I just dont know how to reply to private messages this app is to complicated

You first need to follow someone and then click on the envelope. Find the user you want to message and compose it before you click send. It's that simple.
can do https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/private.php?do=newpm&u={id} where {id} is the user's id if you can't find a button
You click on the little mail icon. You press on the message you want to respond to. You type your message. You send your message.

If you want to make a new massage you click on the + button at the bottom left of your screen and you type the name of the user. You write a title. You type your message. You send your message.
It won't let me send any? It says I have to make 2 posts and have been a member for more than 3 days. But I've done both of those things?
Reply 5
Original post by BellaVetStudent
It won't let me send any? It says I have to make 2 posts and have been a member for more than 3 days. But I've done both of those things?

You made your account on the 14th. Today is the 16th. That's not 3 days. Also please don't bump old threads.

Hi you joined on the 14th (and it's the 16th today) so you'll have to wait another day (max 2 days) until you're able to send a PM :smile:
Original post by laurawatt
Hi you joined on the 14th (and it's the 16th today) so you'll have to wait another day (max 2 days) until you're able to send a PM :smile:

Ah okay, thought it'd been 3 days already :smile:
hi, i think i joined a while ago and i made a few posts but i still can't pm, but i still get the same message, what should i do?
Original post by AlisaMaria
hi, i think i joined a while ago and i made a few posts but i still can't pm, but i still get the same message, what should i do?

It's likely because most of your posts were made today. It will probably become available from tomorrow.
Original post by Admit-One
It's likely because most of your posts were made today. It will probably become available from tomorrow.

thank you!
Reply 11

Yeah I'm having a similar issue.
Original post by DGuliard
Yeah I'm having a similar issue.

The post count is checked once a day I think, so if you’ve only met the requirement today then you won’t be able to PM until tomorrow at least.

Edit: Explained here > https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7331281
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 13
Similar issue, hoping mine will work tomorrow!
Reply 14
Original post by flaurie
Wonder if this still works
Original post by Syre7
Wonder if this still works
Yes it should do :smile: normally a couple posts and a couple days having your account and you can PM !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending