The Student Room Group

History Edexcel grade 6

How do I get a grade 6 in GCSE history Edexcel? How long does it take to get a 6 with revision? How do i structure my essays and is there like a technique I need to use for history?
I did alevel history and went from a E to a B in like 2 months so you can definitely do it if you start now. Structure with intro where you put a brief explanation of topic and what you are arguing and the points. Then main body for and against 4/5 paragraphs and the conclusion what you have learnt, the best way to revise is blurting with a whiteboard
Original post by bloograpefroot
I did alevel history and went from a E to a B in like 2 months so you can definitely do it if you start now. Structure with intro where you put a brief explanation of topic and what you are arguing and the points. Then main body for and against 4/5 paragraphs and the conclusion what you have learnt, the best way to revise is blurting with a whiteboard

Was this for the old spec? Did you from from a E to a B in GCSEs or A levels? I only have a months and I have learn nothing because I’m trying to also focus on other subjects. I need a 6 for sixth form but I doesn’t seem possible?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Aaronn456
In

Was this for the old spec? Did you from from a E to a B in GCSEs or A levels? I only have a months and I have learn nothing because I’m trying to also focus on other subjects. I need a 6 for sixth form but I doesn’t seem possible?

Alevel but It’s obviously similar work just less at gcse and honestly to get a 6 you just need to know the answers and some specific facts so it looks good it doesn’t have to be incredible what subjects are you studying
Alevel but It’s obviously similar work just less at gcse and honestly to get a 6 you just need to know the answers and some specific facts so it looks good it doesn’t have to be incredible what subjects are you studying

I’m studying English language and literature, Maths, History, Combined science, Spanish and Business. I only have a month and I’ve basically just started revising for it as my focus was on other subject as well and I need a grade 6 for sixth form so I worried if I won’t be able to cover all the content? I’m not that smart either like for example like a question will be really easy to answer and have a basic answer but I won’t be able to answer it that the same with history
(edited 1 year ago)
I’m studying English language and literature, Maths, History, Combined science, Spanish and Business. I only have a month and I’ve basically just started revising for it as my focus was on other subject as well and I need a grade 6 for sixth form so I worried if I won’t be able to cover all the content? I’m not that smart either like for example like a question will be really easy to answer and have a basic answer but I won’t be able to answer it that the same with history

Okay if you check on line for your specific history subjects and exam board sometimes u can find notes which you can buy if u can do that and then it would save a lot of time to start learning the material straight away
Okay if you check on line for your specific history subjects and exam board sometimes u can find notes which you can buy if u can do that and then it would save a lot of time to start learning the material straight away

Is it possible in 1 months for a 6?
Is it possible in 1 months for a 6?

Yes I’d say so but you’ll have to work hard
Yes I’d say so but you’ll have to work hard

From a 2 to a 6? I can revise for 7hrs a day straight for a month?
From a 2 to a 6? I can revise for 7hrs a day straight for a month?

Yes like I said I went from an E to a B with probably like 5 hours a week and then 2 weeks before probably 2 hours a day but you can probably do less for gcse. If I was you make notes on the topic very simple bullet points and then just memorise them using blurting technique. Then if u have time do some practice to be essays so u can work in structure and timings
Yes like I said I went from an E to a B with probably like 5 hours a week and then 2 weeks before probably 2 hours a day but you can probably do less for gcse. If I was you make notes on the topic very simple bullet points and then just memorise them using blurting technique. Then if u have time do some practice to be essays so u can work in structure and timings

Did you do GCSEs and if you don’t mind me asking what did you get and when did you start revising for them?
Did you do GCSEs and if you don’t mind me asking what did you get and when did you start revising for them?

I got a 5 and I didn’t really revise lmao sorry not much help 😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending