The Student Room Group

gcses preparation

i'm currently in year 10 and i want to start preparing for my gcses.
here are my subjects and the grades from the mocks:

maths edexcel - 6
english lit aqa - 6
english lang aqa - 7
biology aqa - 7
chemistry aqa - 7 ( i did one mock paper for all sciences)
physics aqa - 7
spanish aqa - 9
history edexcel - 9
computing aqa - 9

i want to focus most on maths as i want to take it for a level and i do enjoy it. i understand why i got the grades i did in english as my teacher herself said that she was marking extremely harshly and no one in my class got above a 7 for either english mock. any tips on how to get better grades at maths, english and science, and revision tips in general? + when to start revising for my gcses. i revise often, but a lot more when i have a test approaching.

any and all advice is appreciated!!!!
Original post by Iumin
i'm currently in year 10 and i want to start preparing for my gcses.
here are my subjects and the grades from the mocks:
maths edexcel - 6
english lit aqa - 6
english lang aqa - 7
biology aqa - 7
chemistry aqa - 7 ( i did one mock paper for all sciences)
physics aqa - 7
spanish aqa - 9
history edexcel - 9
computing aqa - 9
i want to focus most on maths as i want to take it for a level and i do enjoy it. i understand why i got the grades i did in english as my teacher herself said that she was marking extremely harshly and no one in my class got above a 7 for either english mock. any tips on how to get better grades at maths, english and science, and revision tips in general? + when to start revising for my gcses. i revise often, but a lot more when i have a test approaching.
any and all advice is appreciated!!!!
Hi! I'm currently in Year 10 and I think I have some good advices for you so far as I know! For maths, I would strongly suggest going over the topics you tend to struggle with and use youtube and sparx to guide you with it! I would advice you to start revising that way you'll be prepared for the test, this would strongly be beneficial. If you are revising, make sure to revise for the right subject that you having on the day if you know but please revise until then! If you school has after-school clubs, go to them or if they have textbooks you can burrow then, use them as well!
Reply 2
Original post by Harfan654
Hi! I'm currently in Year 10 and I think I have some good advices for you so far as I know! For maths, I would strongly suggest going over the topics you tend to struggle with and use youtube and sparx to guide you with it! I would advice you to start revising that way you'll be prepared for the test, this would strongly be beneficial. If you are revising, make sure to revise for the right subject that you having on the day if you know but please revise until then! If you school has after-school clubs, go to them or if they have textbooks you can burrow then, use them as well!
thank you so much!!
Original post by Iumin
thank you so much!!
No worries! It's all alright! Oh yeah, if another piece of advice, if your teacher hold you back and asks if you want a textbook or a recap lesson, accept it! :smile:
Reply 4
For maths, I recommend you go through the specification and make sure to learn anything that you have covered in class and make sure you understand it properly. Do a little bit of work (25-45m) a day is way better than cramming long term. I also recommend the CGP rgade 8-9 book so that you can achieve the best grades
Reply 5
Original post by marzi33
For maths, I recommend you go through the specification and make sure to learn anything that you have covered in class and make sure you understand it properly. Do a little bit of work (25-45m) a day is way better than cramming long term. I also recommend the CGP rgade 8-9 book so that you can achieve the best grades

thank you so much!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest