The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Official Edge Hill University Applicant Thread for 2024

Hi there,

Welcome to the official Edge Hill University Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to Edge Hill University.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Midwifery applicant here! Just waiting to hear back from my interview!
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Mrshlc
Midwifery applicant here! Just waiting to hear back from my interview!

Got offered Midwifery and i could cry with happiness!
Reply 3
I’ve been offered courses for childhood and youth studies/ education with special educational needs but I can’t decide which one to firm!!
Original post by Mrshlc
Got offered Midwifery and i could cry with happiness!

Well done @Mrshlc
That is such amazing news! Can't wait to welcome you to the university : )

Katie - Third year Psychology student
Original post by WillowGW
I’ve been offered courses for childhood and youth studies/ education with special educational needs but I can’t decide which one to firm!!

Hi @WillowGW

It is great news that you have been offered two courses that way you can decide what is best for you : )

I would recommend looking in detail at the differences in the course content as well as the 'Future career' section of each course. I would also really recommend chatting to current students studying the courses you are interested in on the Ambassador Platform. For example, we have Hannah who is studying Childhood and Youth studies. She would be more than happy to answer any questions you have about that course : )

I would also really recommend attending an Open Day as you will be able to attend Course Talks to learn more about the subject, as well as chatting to current students and staff, hopefully helping you to make the decision.

I hope this helps and I am sure you will make the decision which is best for you. If you want to chat more about your options you can also find me on the Ambassador Platform to.

Katie - Third year Psychology student.
Reply 6
Anyone booked any accommodation yet?
Reply 7
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi there,

Welcome to the official Edge Hill University Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to Edge Hill University.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!

Hi! Ive applied for Midwifery too, still waiting to hear back from my application, I didn't make it to interview for my only other choice, which obviously I'm gutted about. I have no idea why, I feel like I answered all of the scenario questions in the assessment well, as I come from a care/edu background, (I'm 35) without being specific, patient first, finishing notes before leaving shift, confidentiality, etc. Does anyone know if EH have a similar assessment? I am completely panicking now as this is my last chance and I've worked so hard on my access course/volunteering etc
Reply 8
Original post by lisaaa88
Hi! Ive applied for Midwifery too, still waiting to hear back from my application, I didn't make it to interview for my only other choice, which obviously I'm gutted about. I have no idea why, I feel like I answered all of the scenario questions in the assessment well, as I come from a care/edu background, (I'm 35) without being specific, patient first, finishing notes before leaving shift, confidentiality, etc. Does anyone know if EH have a similar assessment? I am completely panicking now as this is my last chance and I've worked so hard on my access course/volunteering etc

Edgehill didn't have any assessments, it was such a relaxed interview, they essentially wanted to get to know you so it was a chat which was entwined with scenario questions! I felt really at ease, fingers crossed for you xx
Reply 9
Original post by Mrshlc
Edgehill didn't have any assessments, it was such a relaxed interview, they essentially wanted to get to know you so it was a chat which was entwined with scenario questions! I felt really at ease, fingers crossed for you xx

Oh really, thats great to hear. Thanks so much, that's really put my mind at rest. Congrats on your offer, with any luck I'll see you there! xx
Hi, I've applied to the Medicine course and have an interview soon! Just wondering what students do to relax in Ormskirk? I've heard it's a quiet town, which I like, but I'm curious what people do :smile:
Original post by WillowGW
Anyone booked any accommodation yet?

Really confused to which accommodation to choose, what are your thoughts?
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hey,

As a student here I thought I could maybe give some advice.

Firstly your budget will be the most important thing and will overall dictate where you will stay.

Some other things to think about would be:

Do you want an en-suite, shared bathroom or a shower/wet room?

Are there any facilities you would want to be near (Student Union, The Gym, The Library, Your Department - everything is just a short walk away however you may have a preference)?

How big of a flat do you want to live with as this can range from 4 people to 11 people (the size of the communal space will reflect on how many people live there)?

Do you want your flat to be modern?

Do you want a tv in the kitchen?

Do you want to be in quiet halls?

Do you want to be in same sex halls?

By answering some of these questions you might be able to get some ideas on which halls you prefer.

I would also recommend after choosing a couple messaging people on TAP which is Edge Hill's Chat to Students function as you could then speak to people and ask about their experience in these halls.

Hope that helps!

Rebecca
3rd Year Geoenvironmental Hazards Student
Original post by PaulineTsh
Hi, I've applied to the Medicine course and have an interview soon! Just wondering what students do to relax in Ormskirk? I've heard it's a quiet town, which I like, but I'm curious what people do :smile:

Hey @PaulineTsh,

Good luck in your interview!

Ormskirk is a quiet town however there can be quite a bit to do.

Some examples:

On Thursdays and Saturdays there is the little market I think it starts around 9 and closes about 5 or so.

There are lot of bars, pubs and restaurants that you can try out.

There's multiple different style of shops such as the more mainstream like Boots, Waterstones, B&M, Superdrug etc. There are also lots of charity shops and a couple of small businesses such as Bloom & Brew and Henry & Co.

There is an escape room.

Coronation park which is nice for a little walk round or a little picnic in the summer.

Liverpool is only a 30 minute train ride away which is great if you want to go out and have a little shopping trip.

Hope that helps!

Rebecca
Original post by EdgeHillStudents
Hey @PaulineTsh,

Good luck in your interview!

Ormskirk is a quiet town however there can be quite a bit to do.

Some examples:

On Thursdays and Saturdays there is the little market I think it starts around 9 and closes about 5 or so.

There are lot of bars, pubs and restaurants that you can try out.

There's multiple different style of shops such as the more mainstream like Boots, Waterstones, B&M, Superdrug etc. There are also lots of charity shops and a couple of small businesses such as Bloom & Brew and Henry & Co.

There is an escape room.

Coronation park which is nice for a little walk round or a little picnic in the summer.

Liverpool is only a 30 minute train ride away which is great if you want to go out and have a little shopping trip.

Hope that helps!

Rebecca

Thank you! Those sound interesting 😊
Reply 15
Original post by Anonymous

I chose chancellors Court!!
Reply 16
Just been offered a place on the primary education course !
hiii i wanted to know if the biotechnology course here is good, i'd like to know more about it if u dont mind
Original post by Alex41178
Just been offered a place on the primary education course !

same!!
Hi, i’ve just received an offer to study primary education with qts following my interview the other day!! i was just wondering if anybody knew of any interesting things to do in Ormskirk as i haven’t visited the town centre yet :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending