The Student Room Group

Should I stick or hope for something better?

My current accommodation is okay. It’s a bit far from the city centre and shared facilities. I need to apply by April 12th if I want to stay next year. My accommodation is just okay: not terrible, not amazing.

Should I stick with it? Accommodation is really hard to come by. I’ve maybe made some inroads into a new lease but it’s by mo means guaranteed at all.

If all my accommodation falls through I could commute from home. It’s long/not ideal.

Should I settle for something just okay or hold out/gamble on perhaps something better?
Original post by Oxfordbound
My current accommodation is okay. It’s a bit far from the city centre and shared facilities. I need to apply by April 12th if I want to stay next year. My accommodation is just okay: not terrible, not amazing.

Should I stick with it? Accommodation is really hard to come by. I’ve maybe made some inroads into a new lease but it’s by mo means guaranteed at all.

If all my accommodation falls through I could commute from home. It’s long/not ideal.

Should I settle for something just okay or hold out/gamble on perhaps something better?

You can do whatever you prefer since you've got some options. I think the same. It's not easy to find accommodation. If you don't feel you should stay there you can gamble as you don't need to bother even if you don't find a new one.

Hi there,
Ultimately, you need to make the right decision for you. It sounds like you're really thinking through your options. That being said, if you're not happy with your current accommodation then I'd recommend looking at alternatives. For example, have you explored other accommodation providers in the area? You still have time before your application deadline to weigh up your options and if you decide that you would like to stay where you are then at least you've explored any alternatives.

Hope this helps!

- Sophie

Hello @Oxfordbound [br] [br] I hope you’re well. Like you said, accommodation is hard to come by. I would stick with it IF they have a cooling/cancellation period, in which you can cancel with no extra fees in the case that you find a better accommodation.

It is always best to secure accommodation earlier rather than later, and be stressed. But I would recommend having a word with your accommodation to find out about their cancellation period, and still look for something if you could!

Jade :smile:
Cov Uni Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending