The Student Room Group

Am I wasting the best years of my life?

I’m 18 soon to be 19 but I feel like my first year of adulthood has been extremely monotonous. I’ve done nothing significant that I’ll remember looking back on in the near future and I’m not the type of person to go out clubbing or drink myself to oblivion every weekend so I’ve pretty much been doing the same thing every single day - staying in, watching sh*t tv and stuffing my face with crisps. While that’s my idea of a weekend, I feel like I’m missing out on life and it’s made me feel depressed. Have I wasted a year which is supposed to be my first taste of ‘freedom’ or is it normal to have this sort of lifestyle at 18/19?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by cpt12_
I’m 18 soon to be 19 but I feel like my first year of adulthood has been extremely monotonous. I’ve done nothing significant that I’ll remember looking back on in the near future and I’m not the type of person to go out clubbing or drink myself to oblivion every weekend so I’ve pretty much been doing the same thing every single day - staying in, watching sh*t tv and stuffing my face with crisps. While that’s my idea of a weekend, I feel like I’m missing out on life and it’s made me feel depressed. Have I wasted a year which is supposed to be my first taste of ‘freedom’ or is it normal to have this sort of lifestyle at 18/19?

To some extent many people are that boring/monotonous, but it might be a wasted year as there had been nothing significant.
me too hahah, im in first yer of uni and its been so crap, but im ok with it im doing what I want to do regardless of what others around me are doing.
Original post by cpt12_
Reply 3
Original post by Hannahleyla
me too hahah, im in first yer of uni and its been so crap, but im ok with it im doing what I want to do regardless of what others around me are doing.

Yeah like I’m perfectly fine with doing what I do but I probably just compare my life to others too much. I just need to forget about what other people are doing and be happy with what I do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending