The Student Room Group

Preparing for STEP exams

Does anyone have any advice on how to prepare for a STEP exam, I have been doing the STEP support questions but I feel like if you give me a question I wouldn't be able to do it. Is there any specific topics that would help me improve my abilities especially?
Original post by Juju_j
Does anyone have any advice on how to prepare for a STEP exam, I have been doing the STEP support questions but I feel like if you give me a question I wouldn't be able to do it. Is there any specific topics that would help me improve my abilities especially?

Underground Maths, NRICH for something a bit easier but still quite related to STEP.
Original post by Juju_j

Presume youre taking step this June and is it for Cambridge entry or ...? Youve said youre applying to cmu/toronto so do you have a specific step requirement or ...? How much practice have you done, what are the sort of problems where you get stuck, ... Is it problem solving, algebra, knowledge/techiques you have difficulties with and how are you getting help?

Id guess that if youre struggling to complete most questions with a couple of months to go you'll really need to try and focus on specific areas you feel the most confident on and play the 6 out of 12 game and hope it works out.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Juju_j

Heya!
The best way to prepare for it is by doing practice questions :h: Check out Oxbridge Mind! You can access free practice questions here (linked). It has tons of free past paper resources and blogs on how to succeed in your admissions tests.

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest