The Student Room Group

Was this okay for him to do? (Trigger warning)

Hey guys, I need some help.

I used to have an ex boyfriend ( broke up 3 months ago ). He goes to the same university as me but a different course. There was one time where I was in university and I was just sitting down doing some work in an IT lab (I’m a computer science student), and he was with me. Before this happened, we had never done anything with each other, I come from quite a conservative family. He started placing his hands on my thighs and between my legs, and trying to put his hand in my jeans. And he was kissing my neck. He didn’t ask me about any of this, and it was all just really sudden. I just started shivering, and tears poured from my eyes and it was like I froze completely. I felt violated and unsafe, but didn’t really know what to do. I pushed him away, got my things and made a run for it. A few days later I broke up with him. He was my first boyfriend and before this I really liked him.

I didn’t tell anyone about this because I felt embarrassed, for some time I just thought it was a normal thing that was meant to happen. But it’s still on my mind and I don’t like how it makes me feel. While we were dating, I told my parents about him, and then told them we broke up and I never told them what happened.

What would you guys suggest to do from here?

Thanks!
- just a girl who needs help
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys, I need some help.

I used to have an ex boyfriend ( broke up 3 months ago ). He goes to the same university as me but a different course. There was one time where I was in university and I was just sitting down doing some work in an IT lab (I’m a computer science student), and he was with me. Before this happened, we had never done anything with each other, I come from quite a conservative family. He started placing his hands on my thighs and between my legs, and trying to put his hand in my jeans. And he was kissing my neck. He didn’t ask me about any of this, and it was all just really sudden. I just started shivering, and tears poured from my eyes and it was like I froze completely. I felt violated and unsafe, but didn’t really know what to do. I pushed him away, got my things and made a run for it. A few days later I broke up with him. He was my first boyfriend and before this I really liked him.

I didn’t tell anyone about this because I felt embarrassed, for some time I just thought it was a normal thing that was meant to happen. But it’s still on my mind and I don’t like how it makes me feel. While we were dating, I told my parents about him, and then told them we broke up and I never told them what happened.

What would you guys suggest to do from here?

Thanks!
- just a girl who needs help

You shouldn't have let him touch you since you were feeling awkward about that. It would've been a normal thing if it was in a private space and you both agreed. Just let go of whatever happened and move on, rather than overthinking. Be careful until next time, and do whatever you feel is right.
You shouldn't have let him touch you since you were feeling awkward about that. It would've been a normal thing if it was in a private space and you both agreed. Just let go of whatever happened and move on, rather than overthinking. Be careful until next time, and do whatever you feel is right.

I get what your saying but I didn’t ask him or let him touch me.

Yeah, I’ll keep that in mind thank you
I get what your saying but I didn’t ask him or let him touch me.

Yeah, I’ll keep that in mind thank you

Yeah, I understood. One thing I mentioned somewhere else which is, things are meant to happen in life. Sometimes bad, sometimes good. We shouldn't be focused on things that have gone bad 'cause better days are awaiting.

No worries. Good luck!
Yeah, I understood. One thing I mentioned somewhere else which is, things are meant to happen in life. Sometimes bad, sometimes good. We shouldn't be focused on things that have gone bad 'cause better days are awaiting.

No worries. Good luck!

Yeah you’re right on that, thank you that’s really encouraging, helped me see a different outlook on the situation :smile:
Yeah you’re right on that, thank you that’s really encouraging, helped me see a different outlook on the situation :smile:

Glad to be able to help. Anytime! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending